Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to play....thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimate Dj wrote:
Ultimate Dj wrote:
Heya,
just found this awesome thread. Very Happy
and i need some help (duh). This may be to big a question to ask here but im gonna try anyways Twisted Evil Very Happy !
Im trying to create a Dance/Trance song. and i need some help with the drumkit.
I tried taking apart the Combi in my Oasys called Summer Anthem and this helped a bunch but i still need some more advice. pretty much i want to know how to play the cymbals that make a dance song without over killing it but without getting bored with it either.
so any help lyk what exact keys to play in wat order...etc! Very Happy Very Happy
Thanks alot! whateva u can add pleazee do!
thnx

Pura Vida
DJ Cool

Just thought i'd re ask! Smile Smile Very Happy

Pura Vida
DJ Cool

Find a drummer and talk to them about rhythm and style. I find when laying down percussion to start with hihats keeping tempo then put in the kick and move on to snare/toms. Finally throw in the ride and crash cymbals when necessary. Go back and delete items from the tracks that aren't necessary (or, if you want to be really good, cut out the bits that are impossible for a drummer to play). You'll note on Summer Anthem that the crash isn't really hit too often, maybe once every bar or two. For dance tracks the kick and hihats are far more important.

Take the default pad setup (&tempo) on Summer Anthem and play this seq:

||: Pad1 | % | Pad1 | % | Pad3 | Pad4 Neutral|

|| Pad5 | % | Pad6 | % | Pad7 | Pad8 ||

||: Pad1 | % | Pad1 | % | Pad3 | Pad4 Neutral|

Note in the breakdown in the middle there how the hihats keep going but even the kick as well as everything else percussion-wise is taken out, till the buildup on pads 7 & 8 when the snare(?) is added back. The crash only takes place on pads 1-4 when you hit the pad (ie right on the first beat).

The other interesting thing I noted was if you leave off the second hit of pad1 then in bar 4 the arpeggiated sequence goes into dischord! Is this a case of karma coming back to bite us? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Music All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: