Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

harmonica please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stultzsweeties

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: harmonica please Reply with quote

I know TE has a harmonica program but does anyone have a seriously great sounding harmonica sound in one of their banks of pcg files?
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dedicatedtotriton.net/downloads.htm
try here and scroll down... I've sampled a cheap harmonica a few years ago... it's not the best for sure but I create some samples that can be useful cos they aren't looped so you have all the nuances for each note you need to a real harmonica sound.
Regards, Lorenzo
stultzsweeties

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: harmonica please Reply with quote

Thanks Lorenzo,
Much better than I thought.
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

happy you like it... it's a cheap harmonica and the microphone was cheap too but if I remember well I sampled the chromatic one... so you have all the notes without loop... in this way you have some nuance due to my bad harmonica playing skills eh eh eh!
stultzsweeties

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: harmonica please Reply with quote

At least you attempted it, thats most of the battle, time.
I tip my hat off to you my friend. www.lateshowband.net
Monte
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyway... I got a good armonica right now, and I bought good pres and microphone since that time... if you need a good armonica sound I can try to resample it, maybe looping etc etc.
Regards, Lorenzo
stultzsweeties

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: harmonica please Reply with quote

Thank you for the one you gave me, again, I appreciate the one you sent me. Don't go to alot of trouble cause what I really need to do is try to sample, like you did, for myself. If you have a good hammond b-3 pcg that uses the joystick as an on/off for the leslie effect, I'm having alot of trouble finding a great organ sound. Do you play in a band? If you do you may have some songs that you need pcg for. Our band has already learned about 175 songs and I've had to design my own pcg's for. I'd be glad to send you my pcg E-Banks that I have all my songs that I play out live with. My pcg's are named after the songs. I still think that a website with specific pcg's based on the song titles would be a major plus. Or even the Korg Forum could have a specific Index called pcg for songs maybe in the download section that is based on all Korg keyboard products. You click on your keyboard that takes you to a list of song titles which is the specific PCG for your song title and you either have a folder with PCG,KSC, and SNG files built in for that song or just a PCG for songs that have been built without samples. Every one could contribute and what a boost for keyboard sales if musicians knew that Korg automatically can sell you a keyboard that can realistically reproduce the sound you need for your particular song, not just a generalized timbre.
You may even be able to coax the real musician of that song who may also be on the Korg Forum to contribute his or her sound for that particular song if that is the same keyboard used on that song. You could call that sound "the real thing". How cool would that be!
Thanks again Lorenzo
And Happy Programming!
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi this is a project I've already tried to launch in the past... but it didn't work... I put a pcg called cover on my website in which you can find many combi to play Dream Theater songs. If you want to share your pcg with every other Tritonian I can upload it on my website (obviously for free and with your name attached).
Regards, Lorenzo
stultzsweeties

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: harmonica please Reply with quote

Lorenzo,
I will do that. Maybe you can start this on your site.
I have a question about some of the combinations that I have.
They have samples like the harmonica you gave me.
Without loading the whole PCG file, say they just want one combination that uses about 32 samples.
How do they get that combination only to load without loading all the other samples?
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just push open! you can go straight to the list of the combis and programs; there you can chose single combis and single programs too.
Regards, Lorenzo
stultzsweeties

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: harmonica please Reply with quote

I know but what if the combination or program has some samples that go with the timbre like your harmonica that you made. Do the samples automatically load when you write say the harmonica to a new program location? Or do you have to save sampling data at the same time that you load the new program or combination? The reason that I'm asking these questions is because most of the banks that you see on the forum have KSC files that also contain samples for alot of the programs and or combinations and if you save sampling data you're saving alot of unneeded samples for other programs or combinations that you may not even use. This takes up valuable RAM. There has got to be an easier way to make sure that it's easy to load these combinations and programs or the confusion will be mind boggling to say the least time consuming. It's got to be easy or at least understanding to the layman so that it's worthwhile to continue in the endeavour for a better and more productive keyboard.
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if loading a single program will ask you to load ksf too, but if you do it's not necessary that you put the program in the right bank, cos the program itself point to the right multisample. BUT
1 if there are combis that use that program you should fix them, or put the program in the right place
2 if you load other multisample before, probabily you'll have to fix your program (go to menu, osc, and chose the right multisample from the drop down list).

regards, Lorenzo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: