Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i30 or PA800 or PA1X/PA2X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adnanmas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: i30 or PA800 or PA1X/PA2X Reply with quote

Can some one tell me is there a big difference between these keyboards, I know i30 is the most senior in ages since it has been out for now 10 years approx. I always kept i30 since it came out. It has the best and friendly accompaniment and Programs. I have created pakistani/indian tabla dholak rhythms and the best part I have always like that I can tweak the measure bars/patterns and adjust it to my needs. I have created Dhadra, Roopak, Teen Taal, Jhup Taal and some Techno Bhangra stuff. I can guaranteed to say the rhythms which I have created on i30 can easily makes the difference with other boards even PA 800 or PA1X/PA2x series.
Let me know if there are any users for PA series keyboards and how they feel to migrate from i30 to PA 800, PA1X/Pro or PA2x?
Tariq

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, there is a big difference. To start with is the Sound engine and Memory and not to forget to mention is the Sampling function. That means that you can import and time-slice any noise from Dog's barking to Tabla and FX sounds. I would invest on the Korg Pa2x since it has a large Sampling memory then its little brother Korg Pa800.

Korg i30 started everything for the arranger keyboards. Korg keyboards that is and it is a legendary keyboard like the Roland D50 and Yamaha DX7. It was the first Keyboard that incorporated TouchScreen and other neat features like ethnic instruments and sounds.

I hope you find this posting helpful.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi adnanmas

As Tariq says - there are big differences.
If I was buying now, I would definitely go for the PA2XPro, however if cost was a factor, the i30 (no longer available new) would be a way of getting an excellent arranger keyboard. I miss my i3 and i30 as they had some unique features no longer available, but my PA1XPro is just outstanding. I think you should ask yourself some basic questions:-
1. Do you want 61 or 76 note keyboard?
.. PA800=61, PA[12]XPro=76, PA1X=61
2. Do you want latest technology from Korg?
.. PA2XPro and PA800
3. Do you have a limited amount of money?
.. some good deals on the few remaining PA1XPros
.. second-hand i30

My personal recommendation - if you can afford it, go for the PA2XPro.

Which ever one you end up buying, you will not regret - these are all outstanding arranger keyboards.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy Very Happy
adnanmas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for your feedback, just one more question? is there a major difference between PA 800 and PA2x? I mean except the 61 and 76 keys, is there a difference between sound quality? I know Korg sometimes put extra power in thier wave ROM, for instance Triton Extreme and M3 has some extra powerful waves that causes a distorted sounds. Let me know if you guys feel the difference in PA 800 and PA2x
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not own either of these keyboards, but I am pretty sure you will find a significant difference in the "feel" of the keys. If you are able to spend some time on them (at your retailer perhaps) it would be worth doing. The difference in "keys feel" between the PA1XPro and the PA800 is significant to me - I have played both. The other consideration is the weight.

Hope this helps

Pete Very Happy
unleashed_project

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with him ^^^ 100 percent, which is to go for the pa2x pro if u have the money, but myself i am thinkin of gettin a used korg pa1x pro because i love the 76 keys and the feel. I cannot go for the pa80 or pa800 because of the keys, and just to me it doesnt feel as professional. Now the sampling on the pa1x pro aint as much as the pa2x pro, so im thinkin of getin a sampler to incorperate with a korg pa1x pro if i get it. I tthink that is a beter choice and wouldnt cost as much as a korg pa2x pro

i tried both the pa800 keys and the pa1x pro side by side, and theres a major difference to me.
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
unleashed_project

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"My $0.02. " looool that was funnyy..

anyways i played the pa800 and also the korg pa1x pro and right there is a major differnce i think also.
sargon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all my friends... with all do respect to all the guys that replayed on this subject.. in my opinion pa800 is nice and is got all the newest tech but on stage the drums sounds or the output is very very poor if u compare it to I30 I no is got sampling and everything but there's not alot of diffrence in brain or options between i30 and pa800 only sampling options and believe me there are somethings in i30 that are much better and easier to use ... my recomandation to u my friend is if u have another keyboard for lead sounds ur best of buying an akai sampler for like 400-500 and midi to ur i30 so u can get the sampling options thats wat I do and u get the best sounds quality especially on beats and style and u can do anything u want wit it even put leads or anything u want not to mention akai holds more sampling memory than pa2x too and ofcourse u can't compare anything to akai when it comes to sounds quality like s6000 or z4/z8..... take care and wish you all the best.....
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking the Sampling option out, PA800 can be only a toy next to I30.
Even its engine and outs, especially the outs. And thats not personal
taste, thats facts, I30 beats even the nowaday arrangers even in the
range of PA2X, not many features of the I30 are even in the PA2X.
If i sold my PA800 or 2X tomorow i dont think i will miss anything.
Even now, 10 years later, most of us miss a lot of I30 stuff.
sargon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi NEDIM believe me I was the first one to get the pa800 in canada and I was so so happy to get but when I turned on and explore in it I was so disappointed at korg for the poor quality and wat they did as an arranger I asked them so manytimes to put more outputs in the keyboard atlease 6 and up and I don't know they made a new arranger that is a toy compare to i30 as u said and I know that too so wat the hell spend more money on something is not worth it.... I bought it the first time and then I sold it after a while I tried to convince myself that is a good keyboard and I bought it again and I sold it again and I made my mind that I will never never buy it again cuz is really really poor quality and I don't care wat they say in korgpa.com about it amaizing sounds and stuff I don't see that, only the sampling option is in it but comparing to AKAI is nutting too.. i30 was and still is the king in keyboard arrangers hopefully korg will make an arranger that will be something close to i30 and add more outputs...
unleashed_project

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im playin my i30 as we speakk and im styll debating on getin a pa2x pro, i dont want to spend money on a pa 1 x pro because of the sampling limitations and, and what i really liked about the pa 2 x was the USB jump drive spot on the front of the keyboard. and its so much easier to load things. Its either the i30 and buy a sampler to go with it. or the pa 2 x pro. Either way im gona keep the i30 i will never sell itt i love this machine its amazin, It has things the pa1 x pro doeesnt even have i mean software wise and its so easy to use
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg i-Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: