Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pad Kontrol and the KP3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Pad Kontrol and the KP3 Reply with quote

Who here has had some success hooking the Pad Kontrol to your KP3 to get more expansive and expressive control over your KP3. I'm trying to use the drum/beat pads to trigger the sample banks on the KP3 to get a momentary action on the KP3 for a drum sound.

Any help, ideas or suggestions would be great! Thanks ahead of time.
subVert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both of those, but I'm not sure of the padKontrol would give you any more control over the KP3. I think that each midi on message would just toggle the bank button on the KP3. So even if the padKontrol sends out a momentary signal I don't think that the sample would be stopped (at least not with the default trigger types_

I think you might have to use one of the new trigger types in the 2.0 OS upgrade. Try setting the trigger type to Type 4

From the upgrade manual...

Quote:
Type 4 “4.r.G”: The sample always starts from the beginning (resetting). The sample is set to on (Gate) only when the SAMPLE BANK button is held down.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

subVert wrote:

I think that each midi on message would just toggle the bank button on the KP3. So even if the padKontrol sends out a momentary signal I don't think that the sample would be stopped (at least not with the default trigger types_

Quote:
Type 4 “4.r.G”: The sample always starts from the beginning (resetting). The sample is set to on (Gate) only when the SAMPLE BANK button is held down.

Yep this is what I have discovered. I was hoping it was because there was a setting I didn't do right in the Pad settings them selves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: