Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mellotron patches?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Montana25

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: mellotron patches? Reply with quote

Any talented folks out there put together any mellotron patches for the Triton?

Thanks.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created some Mellotron emulations for the Triton in the Enigma I set I submitted to the download section (not to be confused with the Enigmatic Collection). They aren't genuine Mellotron samples, but I got some positive feedback from people who downloaded them.....if you haven't tried them out, give it a shot.

Lots of other vintage synth & keyboard emulations in that collection as well. Cool
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Synthoid patches sounds good... even if I never tried a real mellotron I worked on the hollowsun mellotron samples... take part of the hollowsun pool and you'll have great mellotron sounds!
regards, Lorenzo
The Truth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attention Mellotron fans. I did this patch on the new TR61. I'm not sure if the layout is like the Triton Classic. I've been messing around with Tron patches for years, I also have a good sounding tron in my old Korg X5's, we use the patches in our Moody Blues covers in the band and the people actually notice the keyboardists in the band use what sounds like like "mellotrons" good sign if a bar band follower says that. Why waste your money on the $200 CD's and "Mellotron Samples" out there. The trick to the mellotron sound isn't neccesarilly in the sample, in fact the triton already has the sounds! The "mellotron" signature sound is in the effects, lousy pitch, attack and some grit and reverb in the amplification. They actually had an amp built into them.
Try taking Prog. A19 "Tape Strings" and changing the ROMS. Make OSC1 #String ENS REV pitch 8" OSC2 ana strings REV pitch 16". Change the attack on the 2 OSC filters to the settings: 00 99 00 00 00 top 00 99 00 11 bottom. Now the important part.
Make IFX-33 RPM for "tape noise simulation".
MFX1-#79OD/AMP bring the OD down to 4, crank the amp level to 50.
MFX2-#55, bring the reverb up to 80/20. Next on the Pitch EG, use the OSC1 & OSC2 settings JS-Y&AT2 intensity -00.30. The pitch will change as you press the keys harder, just like the real thing.
Lastly, most importantly, change the EQ on the MFX to 0 bass, 8.5 mid, -4.5 high. Mellotrons had a lot of mids, listen to any recordings of them, Like "In the Court of the Crimson King", they had a midrangy gritty howl with blankets of reverb to smooth it out, that made the sound so original.
If the attack isn't enough, use the P.editor and bring the attack down to -10. Now try playing all your King Crimson, Yes and Moody Blues favorites and watch your prog rock friends gaze in awe how a $999 modern synth can sound this vintage, this new TR61 Keyboard is amazing, I sold my beast $1700 Yamaha S90 (ripoff) and am not regretting it,
no more muddy piano's and weak horns, the Korg blows it out of the water.
You'll have to dig, but you'll find some real treasures in the Korgs.
I call this sound "Mellotron3Violins". Good luck prog heads. Long live the King!
publicradio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump. I would really like a mellotron flute sound if anyone has one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: