Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to Zero 8 ..Please enlighten me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zebastian21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: New to Zero 8 ..Please enlighten me Reply with quote

I just got a Korg zero 8, I have a few questions if someone can answer is appreciated.
1- is the insert FX one per channel or 1 for all channels? I can use only 1 at any given time and switch it to different channels as needed? or I can insert 1 FX per channel?
2- Im using zero 8 with logic pro, I can get some tracks of logic play on the zero 8 and can add FX...but How do I record those processed tracks back into logic?
3-I heard a lot about the noise on the outputs of the zero 8, but mine doesnt seem to have that on the headphones or digital out.... so it means is a good machine?
Thank you guys
zebastian21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After spending some time with the Zero 8 I will answer my own questions, just in case someone needs the same info.
1- The Korg Zero can only use 1 insert Fx at any given time, meaning you will have to switch the Fx between channels when needed....Bummer because the Zero 4 has 1dedicated Insert Fx per channel, why would they make the more expensive zero 8 more basic that way? Shocked
2-I called Korg and they dont even know if its possible to route audio coming from Logic back to it after being processed through the zero 8, so much for "studio production" with it Rolling Eyes .
3-I spoke too soon, my unit has the infamous hiss coming out the main analog outputs, I was using spdif out to my central station before an thats why I didnt notice, so if you dont want to hear the Hiss just get a DAC with spdif to your monitors and you are all set.

Im disappointed at the Zero 8, Im not djing with ableton live, so for real production it just doesnt cut it. Confused
wthrelfall

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, welcome to the incredibly disappointing world of korg zero8! I totally agree with your points.. 1 fx for 8 channels? no routing back of effects? seriously flawed if you ask me, but fingers crossed this will become available in future software updates. As for the hiss, it just makes the mixer totally unusable for any Pro use - unbelievable when you consider the price tag and Korgs reputation. Alot of people are switching to other brands of mixers (who can blame them) but unfortunately it's going to be hard to re-sell this thing for a good price due to the poor press. I just wish I'd googled for faults before I splashed out..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: