Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZERO 8 HISS OFFICIAL POST - HISS ISSUES ZERO8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grrrant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

subterFUSE wrote:
the level of the hiss is reduced because my monitors are turned down so low. The mixer is still hissing, it's just that I have the volume so low on the monitors that I don't hear it as bad. It's the old signal/noise ratio concept.

I did this the first day I owned the Zero8, the biggest issue with this work around is that you have to sacrifice total monitoring volume.

This technique also makes me feel uncomfortable about knowing whether or not my mix is true, since distortion may be coloring the signal. I say this because even though I'm not showing red on any indicators, I have monitored through my 7506's, and heard distortion.

Bottom line, is that an $1,800 mixer from any company shouldn't have this much noise on it's outputs.

I've already spoken to my salesperson at my music store, and they have agreed to take the Zero8 back into their inventory if Korg hasn't resolved this issue pretty soon.

I think once Korg sees their dealers taking the units back and not selling them, they will get busy and either fix the problem, or sell them all off for half the price.
subterFUSE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I run the mixer as I described, I get red lights on the channel indicators.... although I can't hear any distortion on my speakers. nor do the speakers' clip indicator lights flash.

I mix inside Ableton Live, so the mixer itself is not affecting my recording sound quality. The Zero 8 is just acting as a MIDI controller and then outputs master audio to my speakers.

I do agree with you, however. A mixer should not be this noisy, especially one as expensive as the Zero 8. I swiched from an Allen & Heath Xone 62 mixer when I got the Korg, and I must say the decrease in sound quality was instantly noticable. Of course, Allen & Heath are well known for making high-quality mixers for DJ use.

Before I got the Korg I had purchased the Xone 3D. The sound quality was superb, but they had serious issues with their Windows drivers. I returned the Xone 3D for a refund because I was getting blue screens every 5 minutes. I chose the Korg as an alternative, because I assumed Korg would have more experience with writing drivers for computers. Certainly, this is true. Unfortunately, Allen & Heath is lightyears ahead of Korg when it comes to sound quality on their mixers.
splurt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So hopefuly korg has a fix to what should have never been an issue.

First of all i want to say, that, what were they thinking?

has this mixer not been tested?

this is no ordinary hiss,

i havent used my zero 8 more then a few hours in months, its totally useless for me!

so korg is offerring us a "free" fix.

Of course it should be free, but i already went through the hassle of returning one of these units, laying out 1900 on a mixer that doesnt function according to the product claims..

so at the very least i think we should all get an extended warranty coverage from the date of the new output buss, at the very least.......

right now i have an expensive paperweight..
grrrant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A RESPONSE FORM KORG ON THE HISS!!!

Quote:
Thank you for your inquiry regarding your ZERO8. We tentatively expect the parts required for a modification to be available for U.S. customers in March. The modification will be done at Korg USA authorized service centers and both parts and labor will fully covered in cost by Korg USA. We thank you for your patience and patronage of Korg. In the meantime, if there is anything else I can assist you with, please don’t hesitate.

Best regards,

Max

Product Support for Korg Recorders, DJ Products, Controllers and Software

Korg USA, Inc.

(Monday through Friday, 10am to 5pm Eastern Time)

www.korg.com
wthrelfall

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's great for the US guys, but where does that leave the UK customers?
ivanek

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and swiss customers too....
tablet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and Greek customers too....
euklid.fox

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and france customers
itsmarkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And UK Customers...
-ePrHom-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

france +1 ! ...
gozu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrm. and i was just about to buy a zero4. i knew it looked too good!

does this effect all mixers, or do you think its just a bad batch?
djORFEO.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!!! and !T/\LY customers !!!
splurt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well. i am still concerned about the quality of this mod. if it does not eliminate the hiss, im afraid ill have to forfeit this mixer. it is utterly useless, and i also see it as a hazard for audio engineers. what gets me is all this "peter watts" stuff, and claims to fidelity,. i dont understand how this can be the case, the mixer sounds "god awful" even for a big korg fan like me. its useless metal.

its like a lamborghini outfitted with a crappy engine. all sizzle and no steak

korg

SOUND QUALITY IS MOST IMPORTANT IN A MIXER

and you know what.. i had the m-audio NRV-10 (SILENT!!!!)

so NO HISS IS ACCEPTABLE

AGAIN

NO HISS IS ACCEPTABLE!

NONE
ZERO
ZILCH

right now its not Zero8 , its i 8 the zero!

please please, im praying, make this mod a good mod that address a major major major fault with this mixer!
splurt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

again, i dont know who is going around saying the hiss is acceptable

i for one am a professional music producer, and i have a degree in audio engineering

it doesnt take all that to understand that this mixer has a major noise issue.

anyone who tells you otherwise simply does not know or does not own one.

I am obviously ticked off because when i hear anyone tryin to deny or cover up an obvious manufacturing mess up, its simply BS

This mixer needs a fix real bad, real soon.

i just cant believe it!

dope mixer - HORRIBLE noise.

i cant even leave it on in my studio when im songwriting
nikit@

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: HISSING against the wind Reply with quote

I'm in total agreement with "splurt", this HISS problem has been an issue for more than a year now and Korg have done absolutely NOTHING to rectify the problem. This is simply taking honest customers for a ride, not only Korg but also vedors who obviously know about this problem and bring their prices down to rid themselves of their stock.
When known manufacturing problems happen to cars they are all called back to the manufacturers by law as it's considered dangerous, so users are protected by such laws. We , simple music lovers and honest consumers just get taken for a ride by these multinationals so why aren't there multinational laws to protect us against such fraud, yes I consider that it's FRAUDULENT to sell merchandise KNOWING it to be defectuous. So if we get our heads together and send e-mails to ALL KORG ZERO8 vendors informing them of the HISSING and VU-Meters problem then if they continue to sell it then they are liable for fraud, if they describe it as a flawless mixer and not declaring to would be buyers of its faults.
So if the web forums should be put into good use and not just CHAT then all who suffer from such abuse, after bringing it to light, it should then be turned into a legal proccess against KORG and their vendors. If this isn't done then we'll all just pissing agaisnt the wind (scuse).
JUST DO IT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: