Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to use the Korg r3 in fl studio 5..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Papa J

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: How to use the Korg r3 in fl studio 5.. Reply with quote

Hey guys i have had my korg r3 for over a month now and dont know how to actually record my synth in fl studio..but i can connect it and paint it in fl with the synth sound selected..but then it will render without anything i make using my synth.please some help if anyone would.. Thanks in advance!!
meatballfulton

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The USB connection to the computer is only for MIDI data.

If you are not also patching the R3 outputs to the audio input of your computer (and routing that into FL) you will not record any audio.
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recording External Audio
NOTE: Before you can record external audio sources the following conditions need to be satisfied -

Prerequisites for Recording External Audio
Recording internal audio from Mixer tracks only requires Producer Edition, however, to record external Audio you will also need:

FL Studio Producer edition or higher.
An ASIO driver for your soundcard.
FL Studio set to operate in ASIO mode. See System - Audio Settings, press F10 in FL Studio to bring them up.
The sound source connected to your PC via your soundcard or a USB/Firewire interface.

ahuramusic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its easy man, to record in FL with it, you have to open in the FL Mixer, open an effect on whatever channel the Synth you want to record is on. So just set your R3 to an effects channel, and then in the first effect slot select the Edison Recorder, and then press the Record Button on the editor, and then play the sounds in FL that you want and it will be recorded in the edison recorder. then just save that as a sample in a new FL folder in the packs folder. and then on the sidemenu in Fl browse for that sample you just recorded and open it as a new channel and just draw in the note and there you go. a recorded sample from your r3!

btw if you just have a midi cable from your radias to your computer that will not work. midi data isnt audio. so if you dont have that i reccomend getting a presonus firebox from your local guitar center. if you need help setting everything up ied be happy to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: