Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radias Keyboard connection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve m

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Radias Keyboard connection Reply with quote

Hi Eveyone

Can anybody tell me what the pin-out of the Radias keyboard connector is, what does it have on it ?

The small connector on the back does not have enough pins to carry power,mod wheel and keyboard data on it, so there has to be circuitry in there.

I suspect it may have a circuit board inside it that takes the keyboard and mod wheel and spits out MIDI. The connector may just have 5v, Ov for the power into the keyboard and MIDI out. Has anyone had a look ?

If not, can anyone tell me if te keyboard is a standard FATAR type with just 2 ribbon headers on it?

I am looking at one on ebay in Oz, I would want to convert it into just a midi keyboard controller.

Cheers

Kurzweil K2000, Yamaha CS1X, Minimoog, Oasys76, GEM Promega 3, Korg PA3X, Kurzweil PC3K8
Too many toys are never enough!
britindus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Radias Keyboard connection Reply with quote

Its a propriatory std ie it is not standard

I think this has been covered on every website Ive been on....

So far from what I heard its radias own std and not possible to use as midi....

mind you I use the radias as a midi controller the otherway and use it to control my softsynths - Dimension / Rapture etc use ACT so I can programme knobs on the radias to follow the correct ones on the softynth!

Not sure where we can find info on the keyboard connetor but its a mini din 9 pin so possible to carry the info I am guessing - and it would be easier from a design point to do the interfacing on the radias mainboard.

rgds
Simon

steve m wrote:
Hi Eveyone

Can anybody tell me what the pin-out of the Radias keyboard connector is, what does it have on it ?

The small connector on the back does not have enough pins to carry power,mod wheel and keyboard data on it, so there has to be circuitry in there.

I suspect it may have a circuit board inside it that takes the keyboard and mod wheel and spits out MIDI. The connector may just have 5v, Ov for the power into the keyboard and MIDI out. Has anyone had a look ?

If not, can anyone tell me if te keyboard is a standard FATAR type with just 2 ribbon headers on it?

I am looking at one on ebay in Oz, I would want to convert it into just a midi keyboard controller.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: