Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS2000 BR AC Adapter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
longboy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: MS2000 BR AC Adapter Reply with quote

Hey everyone

Im new to the forums and to Korgs, I just got myself an MS2000 BR from the states (I live in aussie) on ebay.

I had to source a 9vDC 500mA adapter but could only get a 9vDC 600mA. Now people tell me the extra mA won't make a difference and it should work. But it won't turn on, no flashing lights no LCD, nothing.

Anyone know whats going on?

Is it a bad buy or has anyone had a similar problem?

thanx for the help
philtipping

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're correct - the extra current should make no difference. As long as the voltage is the same and it really is DC and not AC, it should work.

However the plug may be the wrong polarity; there's no standard. I don't have an MS2000 but presume it uses a similar plug to the microKORG. Either check with a meter or see if there is a marking on the PSU showing the polarity of the centre pin and the outer ring, e.g. + --(o-- - would indicate the pin is negative. The MS2000 may have a marking near the socket (or it should say in the manual if you have it).

If the PSU is the wrong polarity then cross your fingers it hasn't done any damage. Some devices are protected against this. You could bodge a fix by cutting the PSU lead and swapping the wires, either solder them or use a 2-way terminal block (but please don't do this on the mains side Shocked Wink ).
Good luck.
Phil.
philtipping

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked with the microKORG adapter and that doesn't have a 'mains side', so maybe yours is the same & you can ignore my safety warning Smile.
Some adapters have wires coming out of both ends - one to the DC plug, the other to a mains plug.
Phil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: