Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

for kp3 hackers... LED control.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oish1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: for kp3 hackers... LED control. Reply with quote

This is for people using software like reaktor or max/msp for audio manipulation with the kaoss pad who want visual feedback.

after having given up on controlling the leds directly through sysex or something similar it came to me how to control the display of the leds somewhat indirectly with cc's. essentially you write a patch that steps through each led position using the x and y ccs and then toggle the hold button cc on and off if that position is supposed to be lit. The main trick being that the hold must be off when the x-y move happens or you get the ghosting of the little cross the kp makes when you move across. This may be old news to folks since it seems so simple, but I had trouble figuring out and had seen folks asking about led control so I thought I would pass it on. I have a led control patch working in bidule where I can turn the leds on and off individually by touching them. now the next step is to make some cool programs with it! monome clone anyone?
islandstyle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take one Monome clone please!
Two Monomes is better than one Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: