Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't seem to get a MicroKorg part
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pafufta816

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that was quite a professional job. i'm glad getting the parts worked out for you. this seemed for a while to be a situation that might not be solvable.
djxkennedy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else have any success with this? Looks like "Parts Is Parts" doesn't even carry those parts anymore.

Anyone buy extras and want to sell them? Any pointers out there?
LFR analog

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Anyone still reading this? Reply with quote

Is anyone still reading this thread? I am currently fixing a microKORG with all the previously mentioned problems with readily available (and fairly inexpensive) parts from a well known supplier. I already got the Vreg circuit up and running, but it looks like I'm going to have to do the CPU replacement too. I can post pics of the fix and a BOM here if somebody replies positively. Lemme know!
philtipping

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My MK is ok currently, but I'm always interested in fixes 'just in case' so post away ... and many thanks for offering to share the info. Very Happy
Good luck with the CPU soldering; I thought I was doing well re-soldering a 16-way ribbon cable on a Psion 3 organiser, but take my hat off to the master emberdark Cool
Phil.
LFR analog

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it all started when I was talking to my local KORG service dude, and he said all replacement parts are unavailable that I needed. This included the voltage regulator, mosfet, and fuse. The Renesas H8 CPU is still sold commercially, however, but I had to create a different voltage regulation circuit to power this thing. I'm not sure if I can say where I ordered all my parts from on this forum, but it rhymes with "PigiKey".

parts:
-Renesas H8/2300 MCU ROMLESS 128 pin
-2.00 A 1206 size very fast blow fuse
-LM2592HVT-3.3 simple switching regulator (I got TO-220 package because it's easier for my lazy hands to solder and replace if needed)

I soldered a 33 uH inductor (i found it lying around) between the "feedback" and "output" pins of the regulator for inductive energy storage, and hooked the Vin, Feedback, and Ground pins to the correct locations. I wish I could show a valid photo, but the person I bought the broken microKORG from must have gotten in WAY over their head on this repair. It looks like he/she gouged the fried regulator out with a hot spoon. it really is that bad. Anyhow, this regulator eliminates the need for an auxiliary MOSFET for power, so it was a simple fix. I'm currently in the process of replacing the fried CPU, so I'll let y'all know how it turns out when it turns out. I'll check back regularly, so if anyone wants more specifics, lemme know.
Clauzii

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmanca101 wrote:
Sorry if this seems simplistic, but I see that it is on Digikey as far as corresponding NO's. However, I didn't compare datasheets to see if there was an underlying difference.

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?Ref=492009&Row=641272&Site=US

Thanks for the component values; now I can start to put in an order for the parts as well as the CPU just in case. I'd like to get the Korg fixed sooner than later

"Part Not Found" Sad
LFR analog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: part numbers Reply with quote

Clauzii,

I'm still trying to find the time to fiddle with replacing the CPU, but here's a quick list of the parts I used. the voltage regulator is not anything remotely near a "drop-in replacement" as it has a MUCH larger package than the original, but as I explained before, all you need is a 3.3V switching regulator that can handle 9-12V input (read the datasheet).

description / digikey part#
IC H8S/2300 ROMLESS 128QFP / D12320VF25V-ND
FUSE 2.00A 1206 VFAST SMD / MFU12062.00CT-ND
IC REG SIMPLE SWITCHER / LM2592HVT-3.3-ND
CAP TANTALUM 100UF 10V 10% SMD / 495-2220-1-ND

**keep in mind that I also added a 33uH inductor to the regulator, and that should be easy to find.

Let me know how your fix works out!!!

--LFR
wizdomcube

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought a broken microkorg and was wondering where to get some parts. the screen doesn't work, and i wanted to figure out where to buy a replacement if there is such a place, and also there is no sound output, and i was wondering if you might now the cause of this and/or what parts i might need to fix it. this might be unfixable, but hopefully i can figure out how to repair it. thanks for any help you might have..

edit:the screen doesn't light up, as in it might work, it's probably a problem with the power, i don't think i'll need a new screen, but i was checking out that site, and i'm wondering, is this the screen that i would need... (the second one)

http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T082/2411.pdf
wizdomcube

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone?
xoc3

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: my broken MK Reply with quote

howdy everyone?

i've got problem with my mikrokorg too, seems like they don't hold up much Evil or Very Mad

anyways, i turned it on after really long time, couple months, and the big PROGRAM SELECT knob works strangely. MK starts in program A11 or B11 no matter the position of this knob and when i turn it either way it jumps to x5y (where x is either A or B and y is 1thru8, depending on my fidling prior to turning the knob) and it stays there no matter where i turn this knob again until i turn off and on whole synth and then the same repeats Sad and then the PROGRAM NUMBER 5 key Doesn't work at all as well as OCTAVE SHIFT UP key and three white and two black keys.

anybody knows before i gut it out, PLEASE? thnx
philtipping

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be clutching at straws but just make sure there are no midi cables plugged in before you write if off. You can get strange effects if you have a midi feedback loop.
Phil.
LFR analog

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: try a hard reset? Reply with quote

have you tried a system reset to restore the factory settings?

Procedure:

1) Hold down the SHIFT key and press
the 7 key.
The display will indicate " ."

2) Turn the 1 knob to select the data that
will be restored to its factory-set
condition.

1Program ( ):
Load only data for one program.
Program ( ):
Load data for all programs (128
programs).
Global ( ):
Load global data. (p.5Cool
To cancel, press the lit SHIFT key.

3) If you selected 1Program ( ) in step
2, turn knob 2 to select the program
(A.11–b.8Cool that will be restored to its
factory-set condition.

4) press the blinking 7 key. The Preload
operation will be executed, and the
microKORG will return to its normal
state.

Note:
If you have not selected the data to be
restored to the factory-set condition
(steps 2 or 3), the 7 key will be lit. If
you attempt to execute by pressing the
7 key in this state, the display will
indicate "---" and the operation will not
be executed.
xoc3

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: try a hard reset? Reply with quote

LFR analog wrote:
have you tried a system reset to restore the factory settings?

Procedure:

ooops, sorry mate, appreciate you writtin' all this, i forgot to mention i tryed that and unfortunately to no effect Surprised( i suspected before, that last time i used it, i just unintentionally pushed keys in such combination i put it into this crippled state, but now i guess, its some hardware problem, i'm surprised they hold this little, mine is a year old and was closed in its case i bought for it all the time and was babied every time out Crying or Very sad
wizdomcube

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so i recently pulled out my microkorg to see what was really wrong with it and i've dicovered that i am getting the line in leds to light up for a few seconds and then they quickly fade, i originally thought that this was because it was losing power, but now i realized that when i plug in a guitar to the line in and play the guitar the led lights up when i strum, so i know it's on and working, i think i'll need to replace the 3.3v switching regulator, but can anyone help me and let me know what other parts i might need? i won't mind if it isn't really working properly i only need this thing as a midi controller so whatever will get the midi working is fine with me... help would be greatly appreciated.
LektroiD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this elsewhere, but didn't seem to get anywhere. However, this looks like a more appropriate thread.

I've just opened my MicroKorg to find this:

I presume this is a 100µF / 10V electroylitic or tantalum capacitor (since it's polarised)? Can someone please confirm this.

It would make sense being blown to bits like that, only being 10V, since the PSU is chucking out 14.4V rather than 9V for some reason (genuine Korg part).

I've filled the unit with batteries. I put in a 100µF electroylitic (through hole) and shorted the fuse, but still dead. I'm wondering what other parts might have been damaged along the way though?

Ideas anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: