Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creative input regarding my hardware/software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EpsilonExordium

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Creative input regarding my hardware/software Reply with quote

I'm a n00b at this stuff, I just started getting into making electronic music a few months ago (after being a guitar player for 12 years). I don't really have an agenda sylistically speaking, I'm just experimenting and having fun right now.

Anyways, here is what I currently have:

MicroKorg
Korg EMX-1
Korg PadKontrol
Line 6 PODX3

Ableton Live 7
Random VST's
Good computer w/ 30" display

What are some different ways I could interface things togother to get some fun sounds? I have lots of midi cables.

Could I use the electribe to trigger samples/paterns/synthparts/etc from Ableton Live and use the Padkontrol to switch them on the fly?

Also, I am considering purchasing a KP3 in the near future, would this be a logical purchase? It looks like a lot of fun!
Argus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're pretty well equipped for a noob! haha.

yes, you can absolutely use the electribe to sequence Live, and that tends to work well for most people. with the 'tribe and the padkontrol, you already have a lot of controlling power for any DAW.

a KP3 might be fun for you, it's a very powerful effects processor. but honestly, you're pretty much all set for now. there's a LOT you can do with that setup of yours.

good luck!
powers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, some of us have cash to throw into awesome gear Smile I KNOW I DO.
these bastards on ebay keep bidding the emx-1's over 300$. I've given myself a hard limit of $350.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powers wrote:

wtf kind of a statement is that!? Dude you don't randomly bust out and tell random people that you got money to spend. Why would we care that you have money to spend? If you got money to spend you wouldn't be buying an electtribe from ebay used...
adamitron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, i make so much money that i've bought more electribes than i can remember. i usually only use it once or twice, and then i end up leaving it wherever i was at partying or whatever whatever. i just keep it all on my 8 gig platinum smartmedia cards... Exclamation
EpsilonExordium

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamitron wrote:

You are an idiot.

adamitron wrote:
man, i make so much money that i've bought more electribes than i can remember. i usually only use it once or twice, and then i end up leaving it wherever i was at partying or whatever whatever. i just keep it all on my 8 gig platinum smartmedia cards... Exclamation

haha!

I decided i'm not buying any more gear until I can do MORE with what I already have. Half of the fun of doing this kind of music is learning how to use everything:D
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamitron wrote:

you're a retarded kid that don't know s**t about anything.... first of all, smart media cards don't come in 8 gig... even if they did, they wouldn't be platinum.... and also electribes can't read anything over 128 mb....
jacques

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruso wrote:
adamitron wrote:

you're a retarded kid that don't know s**t about anything.... first of all, smart media cards don't come in 8 gig... even if they did, they wouldn't be platinum.... and also electribes can't read anything over 128 mb....

Call it a hunch, but I think he was kidding... lol
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah it kinda sounded like it... but the first post was pretty convincing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: