Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help deciding fast!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quicksilverp3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Need help deciding fast!! Reply with quote

I need a hardware sampler to drop samples live, and I've been using my laptop and Ableton live in the meantime. For the amount of samples I have (only 7 MB total), I don't think a laptop is necessary... so I've been looking at the following two for price and performance:

1. Roland SP404
2. Electribe ES-1 MKII

Both I can get locally at a good price... I know that the Roland SP404 can do i what I want it to do, but I'd rather have the Electribe because of what I can do with it also.

Basically, I wanna know if you can be able to program how samples are played when you press down on the pads (similar to an MPC). I would like to make the playback samples dependent on how long you hold down on the pad. For example, if there is a phrase "Heeeelllooo" lasting two seconds programmed into one of the pads, I'd like to program the pad to be able to playback "Heeeelll" if the pad is jsut held down for a second, and then the full "Heeeellooooo" if held down for two seconds. Similarly, if it could playback "He He He He" if I just tap the pad quickly.

Can the Electribe do this? I've read the manual but it doesn't really say anything, only that it will just playback the samples, but no mention of how the sample will respond to how the pad is played.
zalo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have a small amount of samples and nothing that lasts over 16 beats then i say get a kp3

i have only heard negative things about the 404 and i dont think the electribe can do gate samples
Setsonics

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the SP404 is for massive sample triggering.

Big samples, I think you can fit 12 hours worth with an XD card I think. And it can play the samples right off the card.

The only way I have found to do what you are suggesting on my ESX is triggering the end point knob with either motion sequencing or just doing it manually.
http://www.youtube.com/SirCliveSinclair

SpyMace
----------
http://www.myspace.com/cosmicjetrobot
zalo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel like i should clarify

the kp3 can do exactly what you are looking for and it is also a fantastic effects tool
mr.s

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant really remember but on the es1 you have stretch parts and i think you can gate samples on these.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: