Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

first video jam ....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reddone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: first video jam .... Reply with quote

had a brainstorm and used my phone to film me while my multitrack ( fostex mr8 ) recorded the sound . its the best vid i can get 4 now , as unfortunatly i hav no "stand" to rest the fone on apart from my drumkit hi-hat , lol Rolling Eyes ... anyway this was fun to play between emx + axiom25 so i thought i'd get my ball rollin and post this demo b4 programming and recording a finished article with good camera angle .

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=29480901

apologies again for video angle and qaulity ... and , of course sound degradation .

thanks if u listen , and if u dont ... well thats too bad , lol

L8tr .. Cool
Setsonics

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool stuff bro!

Haha, shake that ass!
http://www.youtube.com/SirCliveSinclair

SpyMace
----------
http://www.myspace.com/cosmicjetrobot
musikmachine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that all the emx reddone?The pad sounds really good!Nice Cool
reddone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats just the mx , no outboard fx or nothin . havin new tubes makes pads sound so much better . Ive always loved my mx , but since re-tubing it i love it even more . Im glad that u didnt sell urs , that wouldve been a mistake , hunt for the right tubes 4 your needs n u'll get alot more from it my friend Smile
musikmachine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reddone wrote:
yeah thats just the mx , no outboard fx or nothin . havin new tubes makes pads sound so much better . Ive always loved my mx , but since re-tubing it i love it even more . Im glad that u didnt sell urs , that wouldve been a mistake , hunt for the right tubes 4 your needs n u'll get alot more from it my friend Smile

Better? Shocked

I can't get what i'd call a decent pad out of mine!I tend to use it for bass and stabs.I noticed the drums sound a lot cleaner as well.I hear ya when you say it opens up a whole new avenue of sounds.I think people get bored with with the sounds of mx and end up selling it.I'm glad i didn't but i've learnt from selling things in the past not do anyhting rash now.I hold onto the gear i've got Cool

One thing that always bothered me was that the mx uses the same synthsis as the microkorg and radias and i owned a microkorg and it sounded much better than my emx..Do you think the tubes let the mx down or is it more case of the new tubes improving it?

Anyway your answer just swung it for me,new tubes is it!

Cheers Wink
reddone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah , its a funny one cos the tubes they put in the x-tribes to begin with are'nt that bad , but they dont compliment the sound engine too well .

One thing ur bound to notice is that nice warm sub-basses n just "warm" sounds in general are so much easier to acheive . And yeah , the drums sound better . Also , when it comes to recording , u'll notice a huge reduction in "spiking" of waves , which must be down to better handling of the mx's beastly tone . No doubt about it , get new tubes my good man !!
I swear hand on heart , at times it feels like im using different synth , almost like a software/hardware crossbreed ... but with qaulity tubiness Shocked

Pads sound much MUCH better without the "ring" that the mx gives the ax7's . My ecc83s tubes are brilliant , but im no expert so just read what each tube type has to offer . They seem to do what it sez on the tin , if u get me Wink
musikmachine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reddone wrote:
yeah , its a funny one cos the tubes they put in the x-tribes to begin with are'nt that bad , but they dont compliment the sound engine too well .

One thing ur bound to notice is that nice warm sub-basses n just "warm" sounds in general are so much easier to acheive . And yeah , the drums sound better . Also , when it comes to recording , u'll notice a huge reduction in "spiking" of waves , which must be down to better handling of the mx's beastly tone . No doubt about it , get new tubes my good man !!
I swear hand on heart , at times it feels like im using different synth , almost like a software/hardware crossbreed ... but with qaulity tubiness Shocked

Pads sound much MUCH better without the "ring" that the mx gives the ax7's . My ecc83s tubes are brilliant , but im no expert so just read what each tube type has to offer . They seem to do what it sez on the tin , if u get me Wink

Wicked!I ordered the GC ecc83s from here http://www.hotroxuk.com/ £33.50 all in Cool.At these prices i'll probably buy a few more sets.Must be a lot of scope there for processing external sounds as well?

I wanted to ask you about the effects as well,do they sound better?Is the compressor now usable,or obselete anyway with the tubes?What about the chorus and phaser?

Have to say, im looking forward to getting them and rinsing out my EMX!

Cheers reddone! Very Happy
reddone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah , basically everything becomes that bit more richer in sound . The fx sound that bit more "real" rather than "plastic' or mickey mouse lol .. and the decimator in particular sounds loads better .

The compressor is only slightly better conidering its only compressing the tone through it , but it is more usable . The phaser sounds great and so does everything else ... but i dont and wont ever like that "talking modulation" thing , its just crap in my mind , ring mod is ok tho .

And , youre right on the processing thing , even my own voice sounds half-decent thru my new tubes ( as before it was unlistenable lol ) and my es-1 sounds just brilliant really , so i'd imagine most gear would be given a lift too .

put it this way mate , at one point 2 years ago ( ive had my mx 5 years ) i was close to going back to software ... but i began to really figure the mx out , and when i put them tubes in it was the icing on the cake , its made me look at my future as a producer differently . I had some great software , but now all i use is EMX1-ES-1 but mostly the mx .

Stick with it and u WILL be rewarded iwth some truly great sounds u never expected from ur blue beast . Enjoy Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: