Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

low battery ...have 2 M1 keyboards...M1 to M1 dump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trination@aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: low battery ...have 2 M1 keyboards...M1 to M1 dump Reply with quote

I lost all program setting on 1 of the M1's that i had and I tried using a midi cable to transfer from 1 M1 keyborad(midi-out) to another M1 Keyboard(midi-in) ...memory protect is set to off and all other setting set to off...I performed the data dump ...but the receiving keyboard did not accept the dump...what did I do wrong..
Tage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump.
MadDonna

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tage wrote:
Bump.

Bump?
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that in Dump page you set the below word in parenthesis to "ALL"? By default this is set to Program and therefore it only sends Program Data.

Check also that all protections are set to off in both keyboards and also that Memory Allocation is of the same format (100Progs/100Combis)

If you still deal with problems replace your midi cables. I assume that midi connections are ok. I am not quite sure if sysex transfer between those instruments requires "handshake" so in order to be sure try connecting both midi out to midi in and vice versa at the same time.

If nothing happens even if using new cables and having all ports connected then i am afraid that either the first M1 does not transmit or the second one does not receive. It might be some midi ports having issues...quite rare though

Cheers

Last edited by korg_nikos on Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
MadDonna

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to do it like this?
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadDonna wrote:
Is it possible to do it like this?

Of course it is

Do it as i 've suggested and let me know.

Connect Midi Out of the M1 you need to transmit from, to the M1 Midi In you need to receive in.

Also if nothing happens connect the remaining Midi In and Out and try again having all Midi Outs and Ins connected.

If nothing happens even if you have tried everything i have suggested try the following. This is our last chance!!

Instead of using Midi Out of the transmitter M1 use Midi Thru of it. That will help since THRU is an alternative output for midi data. That will help only if the Midi Out Port of the transmitter M1 has issues.

Give it a shot following the procedure as i have described in both of my posts and let me know
Tage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping.

I had a similar problem my only difference was i loaded from the card not realising it was overwriting.
I borrowed my mates M1 and could not figure it out at all. I was doing the dumping thing but nothing happened. Then by chance i changed the voice on the sending M1 and mine changed. well they are at least talking to each other i thought then BANG Idea
Don't know if this is the right procedure but here goes.

Link the midi as you would (both cables)
Go to global both units press 5
Check that both are same.
Page up on recieving unit, pcg NOT protected.
Page up on sending unit, pcg protected, then page up to dump screen.
Dump all. you get the PROCESSING... but nothing on yours.
When complete, go to program on both units. scroll through voices on sending unit, see yours change. scroll through all 99 voices. Then go to global on recieving unit and protect programs. Repeat this step for combi's.

Like i said, this is probably not the correct way but it works and now i have a fully restored M1.

Good times.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: