Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Hiss problem Continues months and months go by..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
subterFUSE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working on getting a new DJ gig at a local club. Of course, if I get this gig I will have to switch back to using my M-Audio Firewire Audiophile soundcard and Evolution UC-33e MIDI controller. Can't risk using my Korg in a club environment with the hiss.

I might just buy the Allen & Heath Xone 3D and sell my Korg on eBay.
splurt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i really hope there is a real solution to this problem

its like owning a precision lamborghini that looks great, but drives a bit sideways....

sore of negates the whole point of the car...

same with the zero 8, what good is it if the sound (fidelity) has this level of noise.

i was planning on recording the outputs..

plus its not just minimal machine noise, its a loud hiss.... loud enough to keep peoples speakers from turning off, loud enough to make it impossible to type or concentrate with the mixer on..

i know im just moaning here. but really its a 1999 dollar mixer.

so we are soon into march, and id love to see a mod that totally fixes the problem, any excuse or half ass attempt to cover up this DEFECT this mixer is going on EBAY and ill have to take a 800 dollar losss
Deft

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: ......... Reply with quote

I agree it would be nice to not hear the background noise when there is no audio passing through, but it doesn't increase in level when increasing the master level so for that reason I don't think the Zero 8 is any more noisy than any other comparable dj mixer.
I'm pretty sure at normal operating signal levels I wouldn't be able to pick out the Zero 8 in blind listening tests in terms of any hiss etc.
Certainly as soon as you add in the mic or phono pre-amps it becomes irrelevant IMO.
I don't own a Zero 8, so I guess this makes me playing devil's advocate a bit easier (and I'm not employed by Korg or have any 'conflicts of interest').
I'd just say that for the most part, the Zero 8 is a pretty dope mixer - so don't let this 'issue' distract you from enjoying the mixer etc.
Hopefully the 'fix' in April or whenever it is due will sort you all out, but I think a lot of it is more perception of a problem rather than something that needs 'fixing'.
I put a note in my review about this, but if I was an owner I personally wouldn't bother shipping the mixer to a service agent to have the 'fix' implemented.
DrannyV

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: ......... Reply with quote

Deft wrote:

... I put a note in my review about this, but if I was an owner I personally wouldn't bother shipping the mixer to a service agent to have the 'fix' implemented.

Deft, where can I read your review ?

regards
DrannyV
Deft

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: ........ Reply with quote

It should be posted on Skratchworx.com fairly soon (though the site owner is at Musikmesse so it may not be for a couple of weeks).
We have a Zero 4 review coming at the same time (not by me).
Cheers
djas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was informed by my local distributor that zero4 and zero8 have the "Hiss" problem of the first shipment but Korg has been solved this problem since the 2nd shipment. So, you should ask your retailer about this before purchasing. If they are not sure, write down the serial number and email Japan Korg head office for confirming that stock is the 2nd shipment.

p.s. sorry for the poor english.
splurt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I agree it would be nice to not hear the background noise when there is no audio passing through, but it doesn't increase in level when increasing the master level so for that reason I don't think the Zero 8 is any more noisy than any other comparable dj mixer. "
--------------
-Totally false statement
The Korg Zero8 is horrendously loud, it compares to maybe a $10 dollar radio shack mixer. I have several mixers and sound cards, and the korg zero8 is far above any acceptable level in noise.
---------------
I'm pretty sure at normal operating signal levels I wouldn't be able to pick out the Zero 8 in blind listening tests in terms of any hiss etc.
Certainly as soon as you add in the mic or phono pre-amps it becomes irrelevant IMO.

-------------
PROPOGANDA!
again absolutely false, the hiss is horrendous, and it even keeps speakers from auto-off..

I have three mixers and three sound cards, and not one of them even comes close to how loud the zero 8 is..

--------------------
I don't own a Zero 8, so I guess this makes me playing devil's advocate a bit easier (and I'm not employed by Korg or have any 'conflicts of interest').

------------------------

SUSPECT

--------------------
I'd just say that for the most part, the Zero 8 is a pretty dope mixer - so don't let this 'issue' distract you from enjoying the mixer etc.
Hopefully the 'fix' in April or whenever it is due will sort you all out, but I think a lot of it is more perception of a problem rather than something that needs 'fixing'.

-------------------

TOTAL PROPAGANDA!

this mixer is ENTIRELY USELESS AS AN SOUNDCARD.

As a midi controller perhaps, as a soundcard its a paperweight

and you should stay far from it until korg has a legitimate fix.

--------------------------------
I put a note in my review about this, but if I was an owner I personally wouldn't bother shipping the mixer to a service agent to have the 'fix' implemented.

-----------------------------

PROPAGANDA!!!

its not even useable in a live situation with this hiss without a noise gate, and for recording purposes its useless,, too much noise

im surprised peter watts was even involved

again. i love korg products, but there is a serious mess up going on here...

and as you can see from many dissatisfied users, its not at all within even remotely acceptable limits.

WARNING:
STAY FAR FROM THIS MIXER UNTIL A FIX IS PROVIDED BY KORG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: