Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daz - February 2008 - L17
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sewa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much enjoyed here; a simple song with great selection of sounds (the lead being my favourite) and a very nice arrangement. Did you use Karma for the drums BTW?

The mix quality is outstanding too IMHO...

sewa

P.S Listening to it again... the lead at 1:25 is just plain great...
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz, since you gave my tune a few listens I put yours on my mp3 player and on my way to work it came on and I was very amazed by it. All the different parts really fit well together, and I was more aware this time of the progression and how some parts return in a new way. This is a well crafted electronica thing. I'm also listening to Bent lately that someone turned me onto. I like some of that, but they have some very intersting ideas that I may try to use for inspiration. Like sampled tinny sounding soundscapes in the distance with sustained airy stuff and then do a voice over. I may try something like that.
album cover
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George,

Indeed...I am familiar with the idea....You are perfect for a try on some of the new sounds we are getting today...in particular the newest ind. and windy glass sounds...We await a sample!!!!

Best...!!! ellll Rolling Eyes
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daz....,

I just wanted to hit all the Mar. again...while I could..may not do so in the future..but will now...and I am just still knocked out with how great and strong, yet dreamy this number is!!!

I just believe you have certainly outdone the few labels you have used before in referring to your music...This number stands up very well indeed!!!
I could just sit and listen...and drift for a long time...

ellll Very Happy (John)
Vesa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my first reaction: you should be playing in a band! Somehow this reminded me of the "jolly" aussies, they always come up with happy songs, this is something similar...lots going on.

Your song sounded like something from the band Live (thought they from Oz, but are from Chicago!?)

Nah Daz, you must seek a drummer, guitar and bass player ! I'd love to hear the creativitiness, real kit, bass and guitar Smile

The initial giutar is great, with that sawwy bass. After listening to it 3rd time I notice kit..very nice.

good work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: