Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ms2000BR Dumping but Sounds Not Changing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlanDogg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Ms2000BR Dumping but Sounds Not Changing Reply with quote

Hi,

Slight problem i hoping someone can help me with, I have a MS2000BR (Rack) and want to dump patches into it, I have backed up the existing patches (Data) using midiox, I have also tuned off memory protection and the following is happenning

Load file into midiox
Sending dump from midiox to ms200br and the ms2000br says Now Receiving, but when i check the data hasnt changed on the ms2000br, i read also that it loads into a temp area so i also use the write function to no avail

please help
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sending a complete bank of 128 patches or just individual patches ?

If you're sending a complete bank then the chances are that your problem is that MIDI-OX is sending the data too fast and your MIDI interface can't keep up with the data rate and isn't sending everything to the MS2000.

In MIDI-OX, in the SysEx View/Scratchpad window, choose Configure from the Options menu and set the size of the Output buffer to 128 and increase the Delay value. That should slow it down so your MIDI interface doesn't cough on the data.

HTH,

Daz.
AlanDogg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Genius Reply with quote

Thanks daz,

That was the problem, set the delay to 100 and output to 128, Thanks for your help

Can i dare ask another question?

I have several prg files (Individual tones i believe) how do i send these individual sounds to the ms2000? Im wanting to go through all the patches and look for sounds i like, so i can use midi buddy to create a 128 patch list to load into the ms2000 for live gigging etc

Thanks a million daz

alan
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan,

Glad that worked !

If you want to audition lots of sounds try using MS2K Syxplorer (http://daz.korgforums.com/). In the File/Open dialog you can select multiple .syx files, so you can audition everything you have downloaded in one session (assuming all those files are in a single folder)

If those individual programs are in .prg file format, rather than .syx, that means they came from the microKorg editor and the files that spits out are not compatible with apps that use sysex.

Daz.
AlanDogg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daz,

Downloaded the MS2KSyxplorer will give me something to play around with tonight,

The very last question

i have sysex file i used on my korg m1 (Before the keyboard was mysteriously damaged gigging with my last Band) I have a tone i used in one of our tracks, Do you think this would load into the ms2000

thanks again bud for all your help its much appreciated

Alan
AlanDogg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daz,

not to worry, tried it, doesnt work, Was a bloody great sound as well, I take it there is no way round it? Is there a way of converting the sound even to run on my triton rack?

Thanks again alan
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sysex of one instrument, as a rule, only works with that same instrument. The MS2000 and microKorg can interchange sysex because they are closely related, but the M1 and MS2000 are totally different animals and their sysex is definitely not interchangeable. You might be able to copy the sound settings by hand to a Triton and get something close. You might find a demo copy of the Korg Legacy Digital Edition useful for that, as it will import the M1 sysex, show you settings and let you play the sound.

Daz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: