Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MicroKorg burned 3.3V regulator - parts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjbunn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: MicroKorg burned 3.3V regulator - parts? Reply with quote

I have a MicroKorg with the flakey behaviour associated with loss of the 3.3V supply (unresponsive pots, many functions unavailable etc.).

Looking around the 3.3V circuit, the regulator chip IC5 looks a little burned at the terminals. I measure 9.5V on its input and 4.99V on its output.

Anyone know where I can buy a replacement? The component is a Seiko IC-S-8520F33MC ... Mouser used to have it, but no longer, Jameco don't have it, nor do Newark: it appears to be obsolete.

(The 8520E33MC looks to be a better choice, as it has overload protection, but I can't find that available anywhere, either.)

I wonder if, in a pinch, I can replace the IC with a 3.3V Zener and a resistor ...?!

Any advice most welcome.
jjbunn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll answer myself: http://www.korgparts.com/ have the semiconductor parts. I ordered two of IC5, one of F1 and a Service Manual from them.

I'm hoping the CPU itself isn't damaged, because replacing that sounds like a very ticklish operation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: