Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zer08 Hissing problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abdeiso

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Zer08 Hissing problem Reply with quote

Hi I have a live keyboard rig and I bought this as a live tool. When the keyboards are plugged in without any computer or firewire connection, there is a hiss that carries whether your playing or not. When I substitute the zero8 with a fireface 400, with the same keys and volume levels, the hiss is gone. When I have analog ins going into it then use balanced cables out to my computer it does the same thing and records the hiss as well. I am not using firewire at all. When you put gain and master levels right down its still there. Just can't get rid of it.
Any help??

Setup is keyboards to zero8, zero8 to speakers. Thats it.
Just bought this yesterday.
holotropik

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also getting the same thing Sad
holotropik

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me thinks it has something to do with the touchpad. Every other time I have added a kaoss pad (whatever model) to a console they introduce a similar noise....maybe??
holotropik

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I found that if you use the "Drawing EQ" on the master it helps reduce the hiss/noise. I will need to do this for my upcoming gigs.

I also had a call from the shop where I bought this mixer. They spoke to a rep (here in Australia) and this issue is a known problem that they are trying to fix.

It is an issue with the Jack inputs for the channels, apparently when you use the CD/Line RCA inputs the noise is reduced.

This still doesnt explain when you have nothing plugged in at all, there is still hiss/noise on the master outs??

The guy suggested that it may be fixed with firmware update, but this has not been confirmed.
holotropik

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Korg:

“It turns out that the Line inputs (on Jacks) are intended for connection of +4dB devices.
The RCA inputs are intended for -10dB devices.

Almost 95% of gear people have (including even the highest end of Korg synths run at -10dB) so, although not ideal, are best connected to the RCA inputs.

This is the reason for the hiss - if the customer is connecting devices by the Jack inputs which are -10dB devices then they will overcompensate on the channel's input gain control and thus raising the noise floor which results in a noisey overall output.

Good news: in the new beta OS I'm testing this is one of 3 aspects Korg have addressed.
- MIDI Clock slave of bpm synced effects via Firewire from your computer sequencer (e.g. Live_)
- MIDI Clock transport controls
- Input Gain/Trim compensation controls in the System -> Setup page ... (this allows connection of -10dB devices to the jack inputs for line level devices so using the RCAs is no longer necessary).”

peace.
splurt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well again,. we are still waiting.... come on korg!@
nikit@

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: HISSING against the wind Reply with quote

I'm in total agreement with "splurt", this HISS problem has been an issue for more than a year now and Korg have done absolutely NOTHING to rectify the problem. This is simply taking honest customers for a ride, not only Korg but also vedors who obviously know about this problem and bring their prices down to rid themselves of their stock.
When known manufacturing problems happen to cars they are all called back to the manufacturers by law as it's considered dangerous, so users are protected by such laws. We , simple music lovers and honest consumers just get taken for a ride by these multinationals so why aren't there multinational laws to protect us against such fraud, yes I consider that it's FRAUDULENT to sell merchandise KNOWING it to be defectuous. So if we get our heads together and send e-mails to ALL KORG ZERO8 vendors informing them of the HISSING and VU-Meters problem then if they continue to sell it then they are liable for fraud, if they describe it as a flawless mixer and not declaring to would be buyers of its faults.
So if the web forums should be put into good use and not just CHAT then all who suffer from such abuse, after bringing it to light, it should then be turned into a legal proccess against KORG and their vendors. If this isn't done then we'll all just pissing agaisnt the wind (scuse).
JUST DO IT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: