Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new to the synthesizer and microkorg world

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snobrdr12

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: new to the synthesizer and microkorg world Reply with quote

so i just received my microkorg, and so far its alot of fun. there are so many different ways to change everything i can defenitly see the possibilities with this. but i have a question, first of all i bought an maudio 2x2 midi port because i thought it would allow me to record stuff off my the mk. but from my knowledge now, after lots of research is that you cant record the mk sounds through midi? if i am correct how would i go about recording onto say live 7 or anything other audio program? i am completly lost being new to this sort of thing. i know there are the stereo outs, but i have a mac mini, and anyone who is familar with those knows that there is no input for sound. so i need another solution.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need a USB or Firewire input box.

The Edirol UA-1EX is an inexpensive one.

Or you could return the Maudio midi port and buy what you could have bought in the first place: M-audio Fast Track Pro. It's more expensive, but it does both the MIDI and 4inx4out audio for mixing. I would recommend the Fast Track Pro because I own one and it works great, but the Edirol is a Roland product with Mac drivers too, so it should work and is cheaper.
gadgetoid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second Fast Track as a good choice, although I'd go for: http://www.gear4music.com/M-Audio_Fast_Track_Audio_Interfacesefv_2.html and not the Pro.

Keep the M-Audio MIDI jobby because you may want to record MIDI data and play it back to your MK so you can record, tweak/quantize and then playback+record to audio to get everything perfect.

Garageband, if you have it, should do you proud for audio recording and MIDI too without the complexity/confusion of most multi-track software (I've got a copy of Cubase 4 I don't use because it makes my eyes pop out), but off the top of my head I don't know if you can play back MIDI to the MK and record at the same time.

I had an original Mac mini, awesome machine and I wish I still had it to run SlingPlayer on. It's just a shame the little beauties are so "nerfed". Moving from a Mac mini + Powerbook to a MacBook Pro is bliss. No matter how fast a windows PC I use it never seems to cut the mustard for MIDI latency.

If you want to expand your synthesis horizons grab the demo of Reason 4 (http://www2.propellerheads.se/download/files/ReasonDemo_mac.zip) it'll make you glad you picked up a MIDI interface.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: