Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using a midi foot controller with KAOSS Pad 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkpmusic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Using a midi foot controller with KAOSS Pad 3 Reply with quote

Hello,
Has anyone been able to hook up a midi-foot controller to trigger the Kaoss Pad 3 loops?
I use mine in a live setting for my Radiohead tribute band -
http://www.myspace.com/tkpmusic

Thanks for your help!

Jason
chrisedmo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice.. i use my Behringer FCB1010 into Ableton.. and then i have played with sending midi messages to play samples from the Kaoss Pad and it worked!! the only thing weird, is in the manual it says something like the pads will receive midi notes Like C2 D2 E2..etc, but in actual fact mine only responded to C1 D2.. etc (it was basically one down from what it says in the manual...)

So you will have to program your foot controller to send out those Midi notes or CC's i can't remember exactly.

I need to get my Kaoss pad permanently into my rig!
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisedmo wrote:
Nice.. i use my Behringer FCB1010 into Ableton.. and then i have played with sending midi messages to play samples from the Kaoss Pad and it worked!! the only thing weird, is in the manual it says something like the pads will receive midi notes Like C2 D2 E2..etc, but in actual fact mine only responded to C1 D2.. etc (it was basically one down from what it says in the manual...)

So you will have to program your foot controller to send out those Midi notes or CC's i can't remember exactly.

I need to get my Kaoss pad permanently into my rig!

Might want to use the KP3 edit Software to change the midi notes. It works for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: