Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6 Months and no support.. and no drivers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McQ714

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: 6 Months and no support.. and no drivers Reply with quote

Why did i buy this mixer? Oh yeah, because of it's ability to function as a midi controller and audio card together. However, due to the lack of information Korg offers to it's potential customers, I, and others I'm sure, had no idea that the Zero mixers didn't work with Vista 64-bit. What's even worse is that I made Max well aware of this 6 months ago and still nothing. There's been 2 updates to the OS but no driver updates.. F'ing Lame if you ask me. I can still use it as a midi-controller using the old-fashioned yet immortal midi cable but no audio for me. Really F'ing Lame!!! So to those of you that say they hear a hiss.. Blow ME!!! I can't hear anything at all coming through my firewire interface. Summary.. 6 months and counting for something that should've, without question, come with the mixer the day it was delivered. And to Splurt.. FYI... no hiss coming from this mixer when used with CD players or turntables, which was ordered from Sweetwater the first day it was in stock. When i get my drivers, if i get my drivers, i'll post whether i get a hiss in midi/audio modes.
splurt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get the hiss just turning on my mixer, thats all it takes.... sounds like a quality control issue...

i have yet to physically use one without the hiss, but the one at AES sounded fine.

are your monitors turned up normally? using studio monitors?

i cant use it as audio interface cause it hisses too much...
McQ714

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

using BX5s and ProLinear 820s, also using a JL Audio car sub i had sitting around. Got mixer master out connected to a Presonus Monitor Station. i get the hiss only when high eq (mid eq adds to that slightly) and all gains and master volume is all the way up, which is way too high for normal listening in a bedroom. i don't know how noticeable it would be in a club setting. seems to diminish when the music is playing. even with high and mid turned all the way up and "boost" eq on, there isn't a noticeable hiss at high volumes. So i guess i'm one of the luckier early buyers.
Dj-Grobe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No hiss here, my korg arrival one week ago.

Mi test:

Work ok with OSX LEOPARD
Work OK with xp
Work absolutly perfect with XP64

Drivers come on CD work perfect with vista 32

Drivers come with cd not work on VISTA 64

Anyway im happy with xp64

I hope guys with problems can recive some fix form KORG

On my situation i really love this mixer !!
McQ714

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's my problem.. they don't work on Vista 64. i could care less about any other operating system. And when i bought it (the first day it was available from Sweetwater), nowhere did Korg state that it didn't work with Vista 64-bit. I don't understand why most hardware companies are so far behind the technology. We aren't talking about a operating system that came out yesterday. It's been available to developers for well over two years and to the public for over a year. it's not like Vista 64 is just gonna away. it's far better an OS than anyone even realizes. what does suck about it is that companies like Korg and M-Audio just figured nobody would use it. but the ability to use more than 4 gb of RAM is not something that most people or studios would pass up. when you can load an entire set of loops form ableton into your memory, why wouldn't you? KORG... tell people the truth about your products. and when i say the truth, at least tell people that it won't work as they expect it to if they intend use the latest technological advances to make music, because you are a company that is apparently behind the times. Their big announcements at NAMM this year were a couple more variations of synth/workstations that they've already made. Oh, and the Kaossilator (a very limited pad controlled toy synth). I am beside myself in trying to figure out why i don't have drivers that work. it's been 6 months.. and nothing. am i supposed to be patient? by then they'll have come out with something new to replace what i already have (and that probably won't work right either).
Dj-Grobe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i think same like you...but for your information ableton is 32bit appz, right now cant use more 2gb.
That is the limit of any 32bits appz have, just can run use 2gb per appz.
If you run ableton under xp64 or vista 64 that limit continue.

Anyway right now if you use ableton + reason or something like that, 4gb can be really usefull and i dont understand why companys just not think in 64bits new OS like vista 64

I sugest try XP64, work really exelent!
Same speed of xp, but with 64bit adevantages.
About ableton i think when Ableton 8 launched they provide 64bits version for windows..hoppe that !
Dj-Grobe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info here:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.korg.co.jp%2FSupport%2FOS%2F&langpair=en%7Ces&hl=es&ie=UTF-8

Drivers provided for xp wirk under vista but under some hard tets i discover lot of troubles.
I sugest waith for official drivers for vista 32 and vista 64
Dj-Grobe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well 100% confirmed, no way to make driver xp64 wor ok under vista64.
I think is just a problem with sign needed on vista64, but i test load the driver using some tirks to skip the sign needed, and only make crash vista all time.

; (

The only option is waith for vista64 drivers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: