Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Pro 'chopping'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
6figgas

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Triton Pro 'chopping' Reply with quote

Hello all new to this forum. Been playing around with my 76-key Triton Pro, sampling. I have one quick question. Is creating "indexes" considered, "chopping" with the keyboard. If not, how do I chop up a sample in the Triton Pro?

Thanks in advance.
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 6figgas .

If I did understand you , you can do that with "normalize "on your sampling mode , but if your samples has not the same "chopping" on it ( your sample has up and down ) then you have to work before load them to your key ... For that you have to work on PC or MAC with a soft you prefer , and use a Compresor Limiter or some of Ultra Maximizers ( those are an easy way )....
phaceless

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

load or record what you are trying to sample and then hit the sample key find the sample you want to chop or crop now hit the menu key go to sample edit there will be indexes for start and end move these where you like hit the menu tab you can truncate or copy to new and chopped you will have

normalizing has to do with volume....
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... also the Triton has a Time Slice feature in sampling mode that will let chop up a break or whatever into individual hits that are assigned to a range of keys. Check that out too.
6figgas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the replies.

Lika, you through me with that 'normalizing', from my understanding as phaceless put it, that to inhance the sound. But thanks.

phaceless, if I get this right, then I would have to use 'indexes' to create my chops. Just want to confirm, when creating an index, I can tell it how many keys or range to use for it.

Daz, where do I find that time slicing, maybe I missed that.

Thanks for all the responses. I really never used my Triton sampling, but decided to give it a try.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an option in Sampling mode (look in the menu on the loop edit page for Time Slice), if you can't find that menu option you might not have the latest OS version installed in your Triton. It was added in version 2.0 of the Triton Pro.
phaceless

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you are in sample mode you can hit preference and change the number of keys the sample will cover from 12-1 the default is 12. but if you are making say a drum kit you may want to change it all the way down to 1

i always use 1 key and as u make the samples it automagically lays them in ascending order

i never used to use mine for sampling either but i have found in doing so that i prefer the way ts "screws" voices over cool edit protools and cubase
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: