Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unhappy zero8 owners are justifiably upset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splurt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Unhappy zero8 owners are justifiably upset Reply with quote

sorry for the venting, but hey its a 2000 dollar mixer, that according to many of us has dissapointed and not delivered as promised.

I am one of those users, and maybe the most vocal.

I am also a korg fan, and have a lot of korg.

I would love to have a mixer without hiss, and i assure you its nothing I am doing over here, im pretty sure of that, but any doubters need to read and see how many of us have the problem versus the minority who claim to have no hiss.

i dont even use this mixer, its too loud and i wouldnt consider this in any professional use besides midi control

the hiss begins after startup, regardless of mixer volume, as long as monitors are at a normal volume hiss is clearly audible, and its far louder then any acceptable white noise.

we are patiently waiting.

as soon as the mod arrives, my position may change,

but if not, this mixer is going up for sale, and from my point of view i couldnt reccomend this for any audio professional as it may degrade the quality of your recordings.

rather my m-audio 1814, and any other firewire audio interface is completely silent in comparison.
zalo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have started 6 identical topics

all that time wasted with no benefit

you could have put that engineering degree (that you have made so widely known) to work and solve the problem yourself
splurt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

again, why would you say that i should try and fix a 2000 dollar mixer that seems to have major faults and has not lived up to its claims

a small minority of users experience (or claim) little or no hiss.

so really, i dont mind starting 20 topics

until korg resolves this im gonna continue to be vocal about its shortcomings
tablet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZALO..(???)Are you working for Korg?All the responds that i read from you is like you trying to save a situation..So look we have spend a lot of money for that s**t..Maybe you have to much money and you don't care but some guys here save their money for months to buy a digital console and what they get is totally crap cause some companies(korg)don't know how to do their work..So don't try to excuse anything it's a waste of time!!!Just enjoy your perfect console!!!
splurt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree and questioned zalos allegiance right away. It appears he doesnt, and he is tired of us complaining.

Well it takes me a long time to save up 1999 dollars

and that would have bought me a nice iMAC

you see when i bought this mixer i had a choice... zero8 or iMac

but instead i got this brick with hiss.

like i keep saying, i dont want a work around, its not up to SPEC. its a big F&*k up on korgs behalf... but theres not much the "little guy" can do but wait and assert our position and disappointment.

just dont wanan hear from any one that this is up to SPEC. thats complete and utter BS. this mixer is GARBAGE as it is right now.

im pretty pissed really. but cause i ilike korg, im gonna wait for the mod fix, if its some kinda of crappy fix, im selling this thing right away
nikit@

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: HISSING against the wind Reply with quote

I'm in total agreement with "splurt", this HISS problem has been an issue for more than a year now and Korg have done absolutely NOTHING to rectify the problem. This is simply taking honest customers for a ride, not only Korg but also vedors who obviously know about this problem and bring their prices down to rid themselves of their stock.
When known manufacturing problems happen to cars they are all called back to the manufacturers by law as it's considered dangerous, so users are protected by such laws. We , simple music lovers and honest consumers just get taken for a ride by these multinationals so why aren't there multinational laws to protect us against such fraud, yes I consider that it's FRAUDULENT to sell merchandise KNOWING it to be defectuous. So if we get our heads together and send e-mails to ALL KORG ZERO8 vendors informing them of the HISSING and VU-Meters problem then if they continue to sell it then they are liable for fraud, if they describe it as a flawless mixer and not declaring to would be buyers of its faults.
So if the web forums should be put into good use and not just CHAT then all who suffer from such abuse, after bringing it to light, it should then be turned into a legal proccess against KORG and their vendors. If this isn't done then we'll all just pissing agaisnt the wind (scuse).
JUST DO IT
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If this isn't done then we'll all just pissing against the wind (scuse).

What a perfect description for what you guys will accomplish.

Here is the truth. Zalo doesn't work for KORG. He is tired of getting hit by your spray with every post (ad nausium). You made your points. Yes, you should be pissed...but don't be naive and think that these post are going to make Japan fix the problem any sooner. Why would KORG USA even reads your rantings?

If no one else buys one(or few are purchased)..then KORG will listen. No one can see this section and possible think that buying one is a good idea. But Japan could care less about the number of times you make this same point.

I'm sorry your are stuck........but what does Zalo have to do with the your purchase?
splurt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres the trick

turn monitors down to 25%

turn input trim on channel all the way up in system settings.

turn gain until its in the red but not banging red bright..

turn master all the way up full!

set booth how you want

this mixer runs hot, so this way you dont hear that digital noise hiss...

its actually a very loud mixer and if you run it like this the vu meters work better, and the sound has no audible hiss..

it actually plays really loud as well on speakers, so at 25% its still pretty loud...

this works for me in the meantime, well see what they will do with a mod...

but this is really the best and viable solution

im pretty satisfied actually
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: