Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrading KLC-1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jason@iridite.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Upgrading KLC-1 Reply with quote

Hi everybody- seems to be a fairly regular thing that crops up on this forum but I'm having some problems registering/upgrading my Legacy Collection!

I've got a new 2ghz MiniMac running 10.5.2- I've got the original Legacy Collection (KLC-1) AND the Legacy Digital Edition both of which were running on my old mac.

Today, after several hours of head scratching and trying to work out the myriad of options, I worked out that I'd need to upgrade from V1.1 of the KLC-1 to V 1.2 and then upgrade again to V1.22 after this.

I purchased the license from the Korg User Shop (which seemed to take an age) and although I got confirmation from Paypal of my purchase, I didn't get anything from Korg- I thought there might be a new license or product number sent by email or something- yes, I checked the junk mail forlder and there's nothing there either.

When I log into my user profile on Korg User.net, my Registered produts show KLC v1.2- so I downloaded the installer and ran in through- on launching the stand alone application I'm informed that I'm in demo mode- I can;t seem to fins any way of registering/activating/making the software work. I've ran the Sycrosoft application and the USB Key is definitley there with the old KLC-1 and Digital Edition license codes.

It's fair to say that I've never encountered quite such an unfriendly and difficult to use authorisation system and general klunky web shop as Korg's- I've been running computer music applications for over 15 years now with lots of different applications and methods of working but this one is the most difficult to use for me!

Sorry to be so negative on my first post- anyone fancy helping a kranky old timer out?

cheers

Jason
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a little confused by some of your post, but let's see if we can get you set up.

KLC-DE and KLC-1 (version 1.2 or later) use Syncrosoft protection with the Syncrosoft USB eLicenser (dongle). The Syncrosoft License Control Center (LCC) application is the single "does everything" application for Syncrosoft products.

Therefore, my first suggestion would be for you to download then install the most current version of the LCC:
http://www.syncrosoft.com/Download-78-11.html

KLC-1 1.2
------------
KLC Updating FAQ:
http://www.korguser.net/shop/software/support/faq.asp

As you already know, to use KLC-1 on an Intel Mac you must first:
-- upgrade to KLC v1.2.0 (which requires a Syncrosoft dongle)
-- update to KLC v1.2.1 (software update)

When you purchase a KLC 1.2 license at the Korg User Net webshop, I believe YOU SHOULD receive something (most likely an email) with a Syncrosoft "Activation Code". When you receive the Activation Code you then launch the LCC application, then go to "Wizards", then "License Downloads". You then follow the steps to download the KLC v1.2 license onto a Sycrosoft dongle.

You can use the LCC application to "see" what Syncrosoft licenses physically reside on any connected USB dongles. I was a little confused that you stated you received nothing via email but stated "ran the Syncrosoft application and the USB Key is there with the old KLC-1 and DE license codes". That statement is impossible. Versions of KLC-1 prior to v1.2 did not use the Syncrosoft dongle, so I don't know what you are seeing.

I would suggest contacting/calling your Korg Country Distributor which is the formal support channel for anything Korg related. They should be able to find (or regenerate) the email with the KLC v1.2 Activation Code on it.
http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/

After you get to the point where you can launch the LCC application and can see all of the KLC 1.2 and KLC-DE licenses you are almost there. If I recall all of the Korg software "updates" are really full installs. With the licenses residing on your Syncrosoft dongle, you theorectically should be able to delete/erase all older versions from your computer, and just install the most current version.

It IS a big pain to do the v1.2 KLC-1 update but once its over you never have to do that again.
dave

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin is correct. I've just checked my Korg email folder and I have here an email from Korguser.net received after I bought the 1.2 and AE 2007 upgrades. The email contains authorisation codes for each of these which need to be pasted into the LCC.

Kind regards.
jason@iridite.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys! Looks like I'm missing the email with the activation code then.

Double checked my Sycrosoft key and it's the Digital Edition and a DEMO of the KLC that I have on it so that explains that.

I'll try mailing Korg UK today and see what happens- I'd still argue this is the most effort I've ever had to put in to doing a simple upgrade from one version to the next- even Native Instruments don't make things this hard!

Thanks again for the help though!

Jason
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jason@iridite.com wrote:
I'll try mailing Korg UK today and see what happens- I'd still argue this is the most effort I've ever had to put in to doing a simple upgrade from one version to the next- even Native Instruments don't make things this hard!

The KLC-1 upgrade IS a big pain. The problem was caused by Korg switching copy protection methods "mid-stream", which was caused by rampant sharing of KLC-1 on P2P networks.

With the KLC-DE, the product used the Syncrosoft USB dongle from the start, which made things super simple because each KLC-DE boxed ships with the KLC-DE license already residing on the included USB key.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: