Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

April OSAM, ellll, Love Story
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John

I would certainly say that this piece has touched my heart. It is so expressive and I heard the story much as chordial described it so well.

Your piano playing is magnificent and so passionate! I loved the warm sounding strings that speak their own part in the story.

This is so beautiful and definitely one of your best so far.

Thank you for sharing it.

Regards from
Dee
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dee,

Thanks for your kind comments...I confess, this one felt right...and a few others also seem to feel I came out O.K... Very Happy ... Confused , but I am no composer for popular genres...!

Am working on a couple now...but don't promise you, or others of my friends...that it will turn out!!!

I hope you are finding that this group really is caring and also strong in music and comp... I am...!! Many here are top notch, and deserve recognition by the big boys... I believe it is a better group than the orig. founding group we had, that was so successful...(If the "work ethic" will just hold out...) Shocked

Thanks again for your kind listening and comments!!!

ellll Very Happy

Last edited by ellll on Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
JonSolo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually ellll, as far as popular is concerned...this would have been neatly tucked (inappropriately I might add) into "New Age" about 15 years ago. I think there is still a huge market for softer more elegant music such as this, albeit the above 35 year old crowd.

Sadly I have many friends my age that are still stuck in the grungy 90's, and for the life of me I cannot figure out why. My ears have softened in the last ten years and this is right up my alley for "end of the day relaxation time".

Therefore, don't knock it for popularity! Pop radio... unless you look good in hip huggers and are well endowed along with a $10k smile and hair extensions, I don't think so. But that is a good thing I think. Laughing

Jon

http://www.solosounds.net
http://jonsolo.me
http://www.soundcloud.com/jonsolo
http://www.twitter.com/thejonsolo

Windows 10 | Intel i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Scarlett 18i20 | Nektar Panorama P6
Korg Kronos - 88 | Korg Kronos 2 - 61 | Roland Fantom 6 | Push 2 | Maschine Mk2 | Slate ML1 | JBL LSR308/310
Nuendo 11 | Ableton Live 11 | Reason 12 | FL Studio 20.9
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Ellll you have a point about this year's osam. I think the first year many of us were so green that we were just getting our feet wet. Those of us here who are repeats from prior years are well out performing our previous work in various way, whether technically, composition wise, or just getting more polished and focused.
album cover
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why you should be sorry about this? I think this is your best osam 2008 tune till now!
chordial
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It feels so much more comfortable this time around,
I haven't found my feet yet.
Listening to all the other songs is a real inspiration
As it was last time too.

Now we're back, and it's all new again, exciting and fresh.
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say, Ole Master? I knew how I felt about this piece at the chord change (0.20).

This is my favorite so far. The fact that you threw this together in 2 hours, makes me want to chunk my Triton out the window. I need to listen several times more. "Thar be to much treasure in this here piece"! I was dumbstruck the first several times. Some of the harmonies I am going to have to try upstairs in my studio. This piece is so cathartic and wonderful. I guess I will have will stay dumbstruck.

Thank you, Johnny! Please continue to empty out your heart on that keyboard. I am so appreciative that you join us students in OSAM. Very appreciative!
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jaz,

You are very kind as usual...It was from the heart...and I find much to believe in such...it has been so much what I know and love...to work with emotion...but so often rather heart wrenching and failing in really finding some elusive thing you long for...

I came very close here, I believe..and I owe it to the one for whom it exists to finish the touch-up it so badly needs...I will do it!

Best Regards, and again Thanks!!!! Johnny Very Happy Very Happy
DrWho
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ellll - I bet if I played this for someone who likes classical music, and didn't tell them the composer / performer - they would think it was some famous composer Smile

This was a smooth listen - and I think the previous comments above are accurate. I am not much into this style of music - so don't have much to compare with. But the mix sounded fine to me Smile
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Art,

Thanks for the kind comments..They are appreciated indeed...I have had a bit of inspiration for this kind of music and it has made me better than I am normally, (if I'm ever normal.....), ...Hope to do more of them...!

Thanks Much!!!! John..(ellll) Rolling Eyes
Dee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John

I'm catching up on my April listening and dropped by for another listen to this beautiful song. It really is one of your best and I remain as moved by it as the first time I listened.

Hope others continue to listen too.

Regards from
Dee
-----
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: