Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Looping Capabilites (Live performance)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIA

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Triton Looping Capabilites (Live performance) Reply with quote

Just recently purchased a Triton Studio...

Is it possible to loop things live with the Triton without having to reset the sequencer playback? In other words...could I play a piano part for 8 bars and then automatically have it loop without having to cut the sequencer off and restart it in order to record the next sound?

Or do I have to go buy a loop station?

And is there a way to stop it from cutting my sounds off when I switch banks. It's horrible. My piano will be resonating and then I'll want to go find a different sound and the piano just cuts off. Didn't i buy a $3500 keyboard? My Kurzweil 2000 can switch sounds more smoothly.

I love the Korg Triton Studio though, I'm just curious as to what your approach is.

Thanks,

-MIA
phaceless

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was going to tell you to read your manual at first but i just knew you couldnt have been asking how to setup a 8 bar loop. but you mean to just change tracks like a mpc and keep recording..sorry i dont think that korg has considered that option.but how much time would that really save...unless you are just recreateing a beat.. wouldnt you wanna hear how this sound fits ur seq figure how youo want the sound to move..that takes some demoing and you wouldnt want to record that n e way.. what wrong with hitting stop then rec+play..I mean do you really record live like on an a stage?
MIA

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Loop stations are quite popular in today's music. Maybe not so much when you're a cover band playing Lennard. Imagine being able to lay down a simple chord progression with a piano voice for 16 bars while the band plays it through the first time. The next time around, your piano part is there and now you have the capability to change sounds, or even record a second part LIVE right then and there. And with the Korg Triton Studios lovely touch screen, just like turning effects on and off, you could simply touch a button and pause or even restart a designated loop. It wouldn't be hard at all.

See I was thinking: You know how you set up an 8-bar loop when you've ALREADY recorded something? It's easy, just designate the boundaries of the loop and wallah you're done. Now imagine setting the boundaries of the loop BEFORE you record. You begin recording, the boundaries of your loop end, and wallah the loop begins to play from the start. It would be awesome.

Korg, let me know when you're ready to hire me. Thanks.

Watch Korg come out with a loop station. Thanks to me everybody...it's all thanks to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: