Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with EQ when performing live

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIA

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Problem with EQ when performing live Reply with quote

I don't have the best equipment in the world, but I don't think that should be the reason my Korg EQs sound so horrible. For instance the piano high keys are always too high and the low keys are always too low no matter how I change the EQ around on my amp. I usually just reset the EQ on my amp and adjust it from there. The most annoying sounds are my organ sounds and i love using them! They are WAY too high....screaming high....what's the deal?

It's like I can't find the correct medium that I hear when using headphones or studio monitors. Any suggestions?

My amp is an old Roland KC. (All my gigs are medium-sized)

Also, I'm not really happy with the organ sounds on the Korg Triton Studio, especially the Killer B3 sounds or Drawbar sounds....they are semi-terrible compared to authentic sounds. The drawbars don't really sound like they would on a real organ (obviously cause it's not an organ). Is there a place I can buy better organ samples or something to that effect?

Thanks,

-MIA
phaceless

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to do would be learn your moniters to better your mix. if lows and highs are to loud turn them in the seq, when they sound good in your headphones.... you shouldnt try to eq the studio as a whole once your are finished cause all it will do is flip flop your mix at best....or mess everything up.... so just try lowering the volume on everything thats overpowering...if that doesnt do it completly add a eq to the track and adjust that way

about your sounds i can hear sharp coming to help you with that as i type...lol do you have exbs? or are you just using factory pres?
heres a trick you could try i stumbled on not too long ago sighs.........
a secret lol from another korg user pick the draw brd organ copy it with effects to the seq.... on the next track copy without the efx...go to track parameters put the on the same midi channel.....press the pitch tab and the 2nd patch transpose to -12 and tell me how you like that....
RVNOak
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can say to help is - different venues have different audio acoustics.

When I'm recording I use studio monitors in a room that has been acoustically treated. When I create new sounds on my keyboard, I use headphones to get the sound I want and then move to the studio monitors and tweak the sound from there.

When I go for a show, each time I have to re eq as the room is different size and shape. Sometimes you have a natural reverb and sometimes it's dead flat. Also, the echo of sound from the nearest wall to the furthest wall will reach your ears at different times.

What I'm on about is, your sounds are probably fine for the most part. Depending on the place you play, you have to eq to fit the mix much the same as if you were studio recording. Have you tried putting your sounds directly into the mixer and monitoring your keyboard from your Roland amp? The one thing that helps me is using the individual outs. We use the individual 3 and 4 for bass/kick drum and high hats. We found that the stock Korg sounds for drums are pretty good and don't need to add to much effect. By using the individual outs straight to the mixing board, we can adjust the level of the drums seperate from the mix and eq them for boxy or muddy sounds.

Hope this helps Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: