Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Send Combi drums to cubase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salvage

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Send Combi drums to cubase Reply with quote

I want to send the drums in a combi over to cubase and edit them. Is that even possible? I know I can just record the audio, but I'm not trying to edit a waveform, I'm trying to add fills and things. I searched the forum but couldn't find anything on this, so apologies if it has already been addressed. Thanks!
RVNOak
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a cubase user and can tell you - I have no idea.

I would suggest, however, editing or making a new arp in global mode.

Try bringing up a Drum Program in Program and picking an arp that is as close to what you want as possible. Now, go to Global Mode > P6 and then Pattern Edit. Make a new pattern and then copy the arp that is close to what you want and then edit that. Save that as a user arp and you have the fill ready to go! That is one way.

The other way I use is to do it directly in the sequencer with the song I'm working on. Using the RPPR you can record one drum hit at a time in a continuous loop until you get what you are after and then just record it into the song.

Then, it's just recording audio into Cubase as usual.
Salvage

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, RYNOak
Yes, I'm just trying to get close by using a comparable program, but the program drums never sounds quite the same as the combi drums. It's just kind of odd, it seems like there should be some way to send the combi as MIDI. After all, the program sends MIDI, why doesnt the combi? Rolling Eyes
RVNOak
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if Combi sends MIDI or not (I couldn't imagine why it wouldn't - same as you). Truthfully, if I have a Combi I like, I just drop it into my seq anyway.

The reason your drums might sound different could be because of different ifx, mfx, etc. You can also look on P2 of your Combi/Prog/Seq and check out the pitch settings. Also, if you are using an arp, check the settings there too. I know that when I pull any program from Prog Mode, I tend to change the arps so much (and the ifx, etc.) that I get quite a different sound.

Truth be told, I don't even use Combi that much. I probably should but, I like to do my sounds and layer them one at a time. One thing I'm sure of though - If you are in Combi and hit ENTER and at the same time hit REC, you can drop the exact Combi into the sequencer. From there you could record about 8 measures and then you would have all the MIDI on you P5 Track Edit > Event Edit. You could also record those measures into Cubase. I don't know if that is what you are after but that might be one solution. Good Luck!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: