Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI TS and Ext

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RVNOak
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: MIDI TS and Ext Reply with quote

Is it possible to connect the Triton Studio and Extreme to use both sequencers together??

It would be nice to have 32 tracks instead of 16 but the real reason I'm asking this question is:

I use my Extreme for most of the live sequencer functions and the TS for lead sounds that aren't sequenced. Meaning, my wife plays all the improvised sounds by hand live. This is, we have some sounds on the TS that sound sooooooooo much better than the Extreme and would like to trigger a few sequences without having to sample into the Extreme and use up one or more of the Extremes 16 channells.

So, what I'm trying to do is... Start the sequencer on the Ext and have the TS sequencer play in time. Is this possible???
RVNOak
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ bump Smile
RVNOak
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I worded that all wrong.

I'm not even sure how to word exactly what I was trying to do. I spent the better part of 4 days trying to figure this out and found my answer.

No, you can't get 32 sequencer tracks as the midi channels only go to 16 and the two boards will share channels (this was an after thought anyway). Yes, and I knew this already, you can have the Extreme (or versa) trigger sounds on the other board but, you will still use one of the 16 channels.

I wish I could explain better exactly what I was trying to do. Ah well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: