Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KP2 midi control IN? manual too vague

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjcomet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: KP2 midi control IN? manual too vague Reply with quote

Hi
I still haven't been able to suss out HOW to change between programs on the KP2; using progch messages simply changes the program assigned to buttons 1-8. The manual is no help whatsoever; also there is no clear indication of which message to use to turn Hold on/off; also how do I factory reset this thing, so that any suggestions may be implemented properly

thanks
jjcomet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just discovered that factory reset is
set direct/fxloop swith to fxloop
hold sample1/sample2/record
power on
press tap-bpm
Kendall

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: KP2 midi control IN? manual too vague Reply with quote

jjcomet wrote:
I still haven't been able to suss out HOW to change between programs on the KP2; using progch messages simply changes the program assigned to buttons 1-8. The manual is no help whatsoever; also there is no clear indication of which message to use to turn Hold on/off.

Sorry to resurrect such an old post, but I do have some answers and suggestions that others might find useful.

First off, you can't directly switch between the saved program memory presets using midi data, nor can you toggle the status of the hold button. If you're willing to do hardware modifications you can control these with Midi controllable relays. You can toggle the status of the hold button on a KP3, but still not the program memory.

In theory it's possible to use Midi to set every other parameter you need using CC# data, but you can't recall user saved presets. This is the biggest issue I have with the KP's in general as all but one preset I use requires the hold button to be on.[/i]
jjcomet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for this...
it's frustrating thinking there might be a solution
but now i know there isn't

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: