Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microkorg led and encoders - need parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OKFox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Microkorg led and encoders - need parts Reply with quote

I have a couple encoders that like to jump around quite a bit on a microkorg. By jump around I mean say you have it set to filter cutoff, the data and thus the sound will jump all over the place creating mayem. I opened up the microkorg to take a look but each encoder seems sturdy so maybe it's something I can't fix. I also have another microkorg i traded something for and that one has a bad volume knob. Works but cuts the sound out depending on where the dial is turned. Rather untrustworthy for live performances, both of them.

Anyone know the details on the encoder values if I were to replace them? P/N even?

On another note, I want to replace a red led on one of the micros. I see they are the 3mm type but how can I figure out what millicandela (brightness measurement) for the leds I need or does that even matter? Heck I'll even throw on a blue or white led cos that's how things are down now.

These suckers are also over 3 years old each so no warranty.

If anyone has info I would be happy to hear it!

If all else fails I could frankenstein the best parts together for one that works like it's supposed to and use the other one as a sound module.
OKFox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now my pitchbend gets stuck about halfway down... and requires me manually pushing it back to its middle position.

someday some random surplus place will sell these parts but I'll have to wait until then I guess.

Actually though, it'd be nice to ditch the pitchbend dial and replace it with another mod-wheel dial so i could assign things in virtual patch that'd benefit from yet another wheel/dial of that style. probably not an easy task once you get inside and dig around.
4NDRW

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe just use an external controller?
saves you opening the unit
could assign some knobs on the controller to perform the functions of the dodgey encoders..
kpatz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "encoders" are just regular potentiometers. Find ones that are the same size, value (resistance), taper and pinout and they should drop right in.

The LEDs are probably just basic ones. Not high-brightness or anything.

The pitch bender is probably out of alignment if it's sticking, or the spring came off if it isn't returning to center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: