Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Styles Created, Have a listen
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stalian87

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: New Styles Created, Have a listen Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Thought i'd post some new styles for you to listen to.

Please give me some feedback on how they sound and if i can better them in any way, if that's possible that is! Lol

http://www.mediafire.com/?k8y0m12octd (That's Life)
http://www.mediafire.com/?1jyyqxrxmnb (Meglio Stasera)
http://www.mediafire.com/?jmo93ywnxnm (Me and Mrs Jones)

All 3 Styles are based on Michael Buble's latest Album.

The songs are:
Me And Mrs Jones
Meglio Stasera
That's Life (My Favourite)

There are no melody lines as I didnt learn them as I have a singer to sing them when I need to.

Get the words and sing along! Lol

I'll upload the styles for you guys to download soon.

Cheers peeps,

Sal

Last edited by stalian87 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Gorilla
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalian, I am a male vocal singer. I would love to sing your arrangement. Would you mind if I recorded "That's Life" and placed the song on "Create Song Styles" under my page. I will give you total props on the arrangement. My plan would be to record it into Cubase SX or on my audio recorder. Let me know what you think. In addition I would love to have that big band style. Very Happy

P.S.: I didn't see "Me and Mrs. Jones". That has to be nice also. Thanks. Smile
Gorilla
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalian, I stand corrected. In your original heading you have That's Life listed twice. I went to the sent listing of That's Life and it is "Me and Mrs. Jones" Man, that is some good stuff. Wow, did you do the songs on a Pa1X? Come on now be honest.....that's great! I am totally impressed. The best I have heard yet. I would love to do some of your arrangements. You have added life to the Pa1x if you recorded those songs from the Pa1x. Let me know. Thanks. It was a pleasure listening. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
stalian87

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gorilla,

Thanks a lot for your comments, i really appreciate them!!

Everything you hear is from the PA1X Pro, the only thing that i sampled in the pa1x pro are the crash cymbles in "that's Life and the percussion in "Me And Mrs Jones. oh and the Snare in "Meglio Stasera". It goes to show how good this keyboard really is if you know how to use it. all three songs that i recorded were played live. I could go to a gig tomorrow and have no problem playing these styles just like i recorded them.

Gorilla, I'll be very very interested to listen to your vocals on top of my arrangement! I'm actually looking for a Singer to perfom with me. I'm Italian so I do mostly Italian Weddings but i need a male english singer. I'm also setting up a website to promote my services as a musician and i would like to ask you if i could use your recording for my website?

Cheers,

Sal
Gorilla
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalian, it would be a pleasure. Below is a site wherein you can hear some of the things I have been doing. I am still trying to learn how to mix so feel free to be critical. On the song "An Afair To Remember" one of the members played the music and I overdubbed my voice. She lives in the U.K. and I in the U.S.A. Unfortunately, the moderator placed the instrumental in my section. This is an over site. There are a bunch of great people there. If you look to the right of the screen there is a picture of me in a Tuxedo. If you want to hear that song click on that section. "He will break your heart", "When I fall in love" "Falling in love is wonderful" and "Every breathe I take" are" songs I performed on the Pa1x. I too am continuing to learn about this great keyboard. Take a listen. If you like what I am doing I would love doing a demo and placing it into my Tuxedo dressed page. Thanks in advance. Very Happy

Click the below address:
http://www.createsongstyles.com/index.php?option=com_musicbox&task=view&Itemid=55&catid=32&id=52

Oh yea...I failed to tell you I am not Italian as you will see, but a few of my favorite artist are......Tony Bennett, Perry Como, Al Martino did I mention my favorite actors? Robert Deniro, Al Pacino just to name two. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Gorilla on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
stalian87

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorilla, I love you voice. reminds me of Nat King Cole!!

If you could record the vocals for "That's Life" that'll be fantastic. I'd love to hear your voice over my arrangement.

Let me know once you've done it.

Also put a link on this website as i'm sure people would love to hear that!

Thanks,

Sal
Gorilla
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalian, will do. Re-read the bottom of my last message. I have added a little jist. Laughing Laughing Laughing

As with the "An affair to remember" I sung over the existing track and had little control of the instrument tracks. I will do the same with "That's Life". This should be a lot of fun. Very Happy If things aren't up to par you may want to remix again with your dynamic sounding talent and tools. Give me a couple of days. Thanks . Cool
stalian87

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. Yeah i missed that part!

I'm sure you'll try your best to mix the song and vocals together. if you're really struggling then i'll see what i can do.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sal
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalian, you are doing some outstanding work here. Talk to Rob sheratt and start doing some styles that we can sell to the Korg Community. I gaurantee that people will buy your music !

I have been listening to Gorrila,s voice again at Create songs website. The two of you would be a simply incredible combination !
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just heard me and Mrs Jones !!! Are you kidding me ????????? That fabulous. My brother and i are really into music production. He uses the the Korg Triton Extreme and he is a really good producer even if i say so myself and he said that the brass and strings in your production are nothing short of incredible . Your drum programming skills are amazing . I cannot say enough about what i am hearing. I am going to post a link to this on another site. You are officially ' The Man' For styles !
stalian87

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Worth,

Thanks soo much for your comments!! It means alot.

I just love showing people how fantastic the Korg PA1X Pro arranger really is if you just spend a little time and have a bit of patience. I dont think I'll ever get anywhere near this with any other arranger. It's so easy to use!

I guess it'll be good if i can sell my work. The problem might be that the styles I create are very complex, if you dont play them right they wont so good. but i suppose that's the price you gotta pay to make a style sound so natural and real.

To be honest I can't wait to hear Gorilla's vocals on top of my arrangement, it should awesome!

I suppose if you spend enough time doing something you can make anything sound great.

I would like to hear some of your stuff. why dont you post a link?
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i got a little over excited but thats not a bad thing in this case. I have just been selling you ! expect a contact pretty soon...... If you want to discuss how you might deal with a proposition coming your way in terms of negociating commercial terms talk to me. Very Happy

Best of luck
stalian87

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for that!!

I'm certainly gonna need some help in that department.

I'll let you know once something happens.

Thanks,
Sal
calaf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Stalian styles and the need for alcohol Reply with quote

Oh dear........
Having listened to Mrs Jones, it was clear that drastic measures were required....so I am afraid to say that I have had to avail myself of a weee...make that large....dram of the Scottish fluid.

Now I am depressed. Just when I thought I was doing better with my board, I listen to this and then read....played live!!!!

I know I am a "self taught hacker" but tracks like this simply point out again my own limitations. Most of the time I can live with them and I think I do well within those parameters, but this brings me back to reality.
Stunning work, which, if I wasn't such a manic depressive, I would see as aspirational.

Congratulations Sal, now it's question time!

Was this a style you created from scratch or is it built from another...and what were the STS settings....all advice gladly plagiarised! Exclamation

Chris
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi stalian87. I am in the middle of brokering a deal for you. If it works out then excellent. If i cant get commitment then i will get back to you. Have you spoken to Rob yet ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: