Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MicroKORG no sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
screamingmute

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: MicroKORG no sound Reply with quote

theres no sound coming from my microkorg, not even the demo functions. any help? please
Griffin Avid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume this has been sorted?
It's been almost a week now.

Generally, when I'm hooking something up or giving tech support over the phone I always use headphones to check the signal chain. Headphones in the MONO (left) out to make sure the unit is not to blame.

From there following the Mixer and chacking all the INs and Outs.
and last software settings since it always seemed to have been working before...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the exact same problem.

I've plugged my MK in, listened via headphones, mono, stereo and nothing.. all the lights are on fine.. just nothing. No sound at all.

I don't really have a clue about electronics or soldering - will this be expensive to fix?

I've checked the obvious stuff by the way, sound levels etc.
philtipping

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There could be a MIDI setting which has over-ridden the volume level, or having 'MIDI Local' set to Off will give the impression it doesn't work as none of the keys will work.
Make sure no MIDI cables are plugged in, and either delve into the settings and check it, or if you don't mind losing any of your patches, simply do a factory reset (try the Global reset option to reset MIDI settings) - you'll need to switch 'write-protect' off first.
If there are no cables plugged in apart from the power, and a factory reset doesn't work (and you've tried more than one pair of headphones) then it must be an internal h/w problem; you've done all you can on the outside of the box Sad
Phil.
kvnvk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same thing happened with my MS2000R a few years ago, on top of no sound from either output or the headphones jack it took several seconds for patches to load when switched from one to another. I did manage to get it working briefly a couple of times by messing around with the power supply's connection to the power jack, pulling it out and pushing it back in quickly several times (and no, that's not my approach to sex Razz ), but once the unit was powered off I'd have the same problem as before. Confused
fatwax

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real strange thing happened with this;

Tried a factory reset and had no luck, had a look inside, everything seemed fine, tried patching and repatching cables - nothing.

I ended up trying the same things again and again, bit like when you lose something you end up double checking the same places "just to make sure"..

Anyway, after the THIRD factory reset it started working again, at the time of 2:50am Laughing
kvnvk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, is it still working?
fatwax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, running absolutely fine.. really weird actually.

The same thing happened to my AKAI S3000xl which I powered up yesterday for the first time in however long and it just wouldn't find the SCSI, so it was a job of reading all over the internet and my problem pointed to a blown fuse. Anyway, an hour later after its all been plugged back in it just starts working again as if nothing was ever wrong.

Strange. Very Happy
E-rock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been having the same problem for some time now. Some days it works great, but now more than often I will get no sound out of any of the outputs.. Yesterday, for the first time, I was playing my microkorg and it started making awful noises, then finally quit making any noise at all. Tried all the above, with no luck, did multiple factory resets..nadda.

One thing I do notice; I can tell right away if it is not going to work properly as soon as I turn it on, it will take a little longer to load.. HELLLLP!!!
garciambiental

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the exact same issue and it was very frustrating. My MicroKorg just stopped making sounds all of a sudden while I was editing patches, the lights on the buttons worked perfectly, but sound-wise it was dead. Hope arised when I tried the demo and it did work. Before that I had tried performing a reset to all the banks, several times, but nothing seemed to work. After I tried the demo I realized there are THREE types of reset, the one that resets a single patch, the one that resets the whole bank of patches and the one YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO RESET, which is the factory reset. I thought the second one was the factory reset, but no, there is (and it is in the same box that the other two, I don't remember where exactly but you can find that easily on the manual). You even have to unblock a function to be able to perform a factory reset, but after that it will work just as new, at least mine did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: