Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TRITON STUDIO VS TRITON EXTREME ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T3KNOLOG3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: TRITON STUDIO VS TRITON EXTREME ? Reply with quote

I’m a hip hop producer in the market for a keyboard and I have narrowed my choices down to 2 particular boards the triton extreme and the triton studio. I love the aesthetics of the studio as opposed to the triton I have a power book G4 and it would go nicely with it. I know looks are at the bottom of the list when it comes to priorities but I want the total package if possible great sounds great functionality and great looks. The triton Extreme has more sounds as well as the moss option I don’t know if the studio can use the moss boards or not but that’s one of my fav features of the extreme not to mention the usb connectivity Note I don’t produce on a daw I use a MPC 4k as my center piece but it’s always nice to have that option all though I don’t know what purpose it serves besides using your computers hard disk and the tube technology is another hot feature. I’m torn between these two boards I wonder if a fully upgraded studio has an advantage over or is equal to the extreme in my case. I’ve read specs but I want to know what actual triton users think. One of the two will be my first keyboard my budget is $1500.00 which is more than enough to get a 61 key model off eBay It would be nice to save a little bit of money to go towards my motif rack XS as well so with all these things in consideration what do you guys think ?[b][/b]
keego

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Start the Studio does use the MOSS board. The Sudio has everything you need on board eg. H/Drive, CDRW and a choice of what EXB boards you want upto 7. It does not have USB or the valve technology the EX has. Both are excellent machines. Brand new the Studio was a lot more expensive than the EX but came out a couple of years prior, so at the end of the day it's up to you.

Previous:
Korg:X5D,Wavestation, N364, Trinity,Triton Classic,Triton Studio, Korg M3 61 w/ EXB-Radias
Ensoniq:TS12, SD1, ASR10
Roland:XP10, JD-800, Roland XV88, A90ex
Kurzweil:K2500RS, K2661, PC3
Nord: Electro 3
phaceless

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you can get a fully expanded studio go for it..since it has extra options that are unavailible to the extreme plus you can put as big a hard drive in it as you want, but if you have to pay for all the exb including the moss it may be a more valuable to go with the extreme so that you will only have to pay for that option as the moss is going for 400 on ebay...which is a nice step to getting a decent synth which imo will blow the lid off the moss... but if you want the sx rack it prolly be easyier to get a good deal on an extreme...as that anyone that has spent 700 on exbs for their studio wont be letting it go so easily. Hope this helps either way ur taking a good step in producing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: