Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Unable to generate a License Code..."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazy_atom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: "Unable to generate a License Code..." Reply with quote

Hi there folks.

my computer (Mac G5 Tower, OS 10.4.11) got frazzled a couple of weeks ago and i got an entire new hard-drive installed. i migrated my back-up onto the new HD and most apps worked fine.

except my Korg Legacy Collection within my DAW (Live 7). i kept getting "Audio Unit Not Compatible" errors all the time, whenever opening a tune i was working on or creating a new tune.

my Synchrosoft Dongle said everything was in order. i had upgraded to the KORG Legacy Collection - ANALOG EDITION 2007 Upgrade a few months back to get the Mono/Poly, so that didn't seem to be where the problem lay.

so i re-installed the entire suite with the latest update (i think - i really get confused with all the permutations), klcae07_mac_122, and also had to install the latest Syncrosoft License Control but to no avail...

i keep getting one of the following error messages:

"Audio Unit not compatible", "Sorry, but no license is found on this machine to use the software" or the KLC Authorizer pops up and asks me to re-authorize my software...

which leads me to this irksome Catch-22 whereby i log onto my User Account and ask for a re-issue of the code to be told:

Quote:
The license server is unable to generate a License Code because you are using an older version of the software.

Please download and install the latest version available for your software, You'll then be able to request a License Code by selecting the "RE-ISSUE License Code" option from the main menu.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

which is incredibly annoying and frustrating right now tbh. the only option in the drop down menu is Korg Legacy Collection, which i bought 2 years ago along with the MS20 controller but surely it should offer me the KLC AE 2007 option seeing as i upgraded?

so i'm stuck in a loop where i've installed all the latest possible software to be told it's incompatible, and to re-authorize, to be told my software is out-of-date and can't be authorized, and now, suddenly, inexplicably, my LegacyCell seems to have disappeared from my Synchrosoft Dongle...

anyone with any clue can they possibly help? all my tunes use Korg software so it's proving to be immensely frustrating.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the KLC Authoriser thing was for the old challenge/response protection of the original version? This isn't used for the later Syncrosoft version, as far as I recall. It certainly isn't for my Legacy Digital, which is also Syncrosofted.

Are you sure you don't have bits of the original version still on there? All that code reissuing is irelevant with the new copy protection.

And anyway, if you are using the later version with the Syncrosoft key, you don't need to do aything - you'll already have the license on your key, as it won't work without a valid license on your key, and this will be undisturbed by reformats etc.

So, I'd uninstall all the Korg stuff. Once it's clean, reinstall the latest version, plug in your Syncrosoft key, and it should work.

Note: You can see what licenses you have on your key by running the Syncrosoft control centre software.
lazy_atom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much for the response Ben (i enjoy your Wavestation patches, if you are THE ben hall!)

yeah, thanks for that. i did a complete uninstall and re-install and lo and behold the MS20, Polysix, Legacy Cell, MDE-X AND Mono/Poly all load up without any hitch.

the trouble is that my Wavestation (with all your lovely patches) keeps giving me the "Sorry, but no license is found on this machine to use the software."

... despite being visible on my Synchrosoft dongle: MS-20 v1.2, Polysix v1.2, MDE-X v1.2, Wavestation v1.2 plus Mono/Poly v1.x all present and visible.

anyone have any idea what is going on?

i read on some other threads that it looks as if i have to purchase the Korg Legacy Collection – DIGITAL EDITION to get the Wavestation, but i already had it. and i can't even purchase that online if i wanted to being outside the US.

the reason why this is a major annoyance for me is that i happen to use the Wavestation a lot in my tunes, so it's like my current (and past) projects have had a serious stroke and are bewildered with alzheimers!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lazy_atom wrote:
thanks so much for the response Ben (i enjoy your Wavestation patches, if you are THE ben hall!)

Dancing

lazy_atom wrote:
the trouble is that my Wavestation (with all your lovely patches) keeps giving me the "Sorry, but no license is found on this machine to use the software."

Ok. The reason for this is because the Wavestation is no longer part of the Analog Edition, which you own. Because you do already own the Wavestation from the earlier bundle, that will remain unchanged (ie they won't take it away from you), and use the existing challenge/response mechanism - it won't use the Syncrosoft dongle as far as I'm aware.

You say there is a Wavestation licence on your Syncrosoft dongle? Are you absolutely sure? I would have thought that's unlikely, but then I don't have the Analog Edition so I'm not totally clear on this.

My understanding is you *will* need to obtain a challenge response again for the Wavestation - if you are having problems with that, it might be worth contacting your country's Korg support line.

If anyone knows any different, please feel free to correct me on this...

(If you did buy the Digital Edition, then you *would* end up with a WS and M1 Syncrosofted version licence on your key.)
lazy_atom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks again ben. delighted to get any assistance on this. sterling work!

here's the dongle...

the whole challenge/response thing doesn't appear to be working. as i mentioned earlier, the Korg User site tells me i'm using old software so it can't issue a code, and the dongle shows that it is there, so i dunno...

ireland doesn't have a Korg support line... sigh... or even an authorised distributor...

iceland has a distributor. even iran has one... <shakes head sadly>
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lazy_atom wrote:
here's the dongle...

Hmm. Interesting. That would seem to suggest that your WS *is* updated to work with the dongle protection. I thought the existing WS was untouched in your scenario - this is what I recall reading on forums.

Sorry I can't be more directly helpful as I don't have the same software you do, so I can't be categorical on the facts. I'm sure there are other forum members that have gone through this, if they would contribute...

Could you phone Korg UK, perhaps?
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a poke around on Korguser.net (actually, just downloaded the demo of the Analog Edition).

It seems there was a UB upgrade that updates the original KLC collection to use the key, and I suspect this is included in your upgrade version. So the WS does indeed now use the dongle in your case.

The fact that you have a license suggests that it *should* work.

I think you are going to have to get Korg to help you resolve this one, if it's an authorisation issue...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: