Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KP4 ideas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
m4m

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: KP4 ideas Reply with quote

maybe there is another thread, but since we are due for a new one and it seems korg staff read this place, here are my ideas

-take tha kp3, add the kaossilator scales and mini live looper (but alllow fixing/undo/etc live without any stop)

-a function to just send the "live loop" to a sample pad

-effect on or of per sample (not necessarely different fx on each, just turn some off, like the drums, and still add delay to the rest for eample)

-allow bouncing of samples offline(even to one pad that is being bounced(just have 1 more sampling space as a buffer)

-bring th emini KP 1 bar/1/2 bar 1/4 bar etc looper to the big brother, and th emissing effects

-allow user to import drum sounds/patterns via the editor for the patterned patches

-on the editor, allow user to choose which 2 parameters of the effect are assigned to the pad and allow setting the other parameters as static in ht eeditor (for eample, a delay can have more than 2 controls, so one could decide on a fixed delay time on a patch to have fedback and depth available to modulate 9as all the kp3 delays have no control over feedback(and the kp2 had, weird retrogradation here)

-allow un-sync ing of effects to have no stepping in delay/lfo times when needed

-allow the KP to read the midi clock POSITION adn keep the sync correct instead of having to rely on a human press that can, and will, be slightly off and drift over a certain time, it would be so simple to have that implemented in the kp3 os (at least a note or CC to trigger it from a sequencer)

-USB audio (some people seems to need this desperately)
I would like a bit deeper tho, a la pod xt, a vst/au plugin that sends and receives via usb to the kaoss pad to allow inserting it as an effect in any host (with delay compensation for the latency introduced)

From user ripe:
-I want MIDI recording/looping as well as audio, with some dedicated MIDI effects (transpose, echo, volume, loop chopping). This should be super easy compared to audio manipulation.

-Of course the MIDI OUT would have to become a merged MIDI thru/out so the KP could be placed "inline" with the MIDI stream.

from user DECREPITUDE

- Balanced ins and outs

- Step Sequencing and Beat Juggling like the PadKontrol (using Molar >> http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZWaGRk_d9-8&feature=related )

- More memory locations

- Longer sampling times!

- 8 sample slots (They've doubled the number of slots last time, let's do it again! The "KAOSS Station!")

- Enhanced midi sync capabilities. Should recognize midi start/stop and lock to tempo (bar.beat) of external midi sequencers or DAWs.

- Bigger LED with waveform editing and bar.beat display.

- 'Pre-roll' for sampling. (How it would work: Hit the 'sample' button prior to beggining of loop - recording begins on first beat. Somewhat likened to 'Global Quantization' in Ableton Live.)

Last but not least, and in my mind the most lustworthy item..... (drum roll please.....)

- "On-Deck Sample Pool" Dedicate a chunk of memory (expandable?) to allow for swapping in/out of samples from a predetermined "pool" (loaded into RAM at startup or via a 'load' command) into and out of the 4 (or 8!) sample slot/pads. As you can imagine, this could be quite powerful!

Icing on the cake (extra wishes!):

- 2 X/Y Pads (2 Kaoss minis) and 2 pair of stereo balanced ins and outs. Each sample slot/pad is then assignable to either X/Y control and either stereo out.

still to be continued, i'm pretty tired

Last edited by m4m on Sat May 31, 2008 5:43 pm; edited 4 times in total
ripe

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want MIDI recording/looping as well as audio, with some dedicated MIDI effects (transpose, echo, volume, loop chopping). This should be super easy compared to audio manipulation.

Of course the MIDI OUT would have to become a merged MIDI thru/out so the KP could be placed "inline" with the MIDI stream.

cheers
ripe
m4m

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting ideas, yeah, a midi KP would be great, with arps, transpose, delay, buffer reversal and so on
decrepitude

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Balanced ins and outs

- Step Sequencing and Beat Juggling like the PadKontrol (using Molar >> http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZWaGRk_d9-8&feature=related )

- More memory locations

- Longer sampling times!

- 8 sample slots (They've doubled the number of slots last time, let's do it again! The "KAOSS Station!")

- Enhanced midi sync capabilities. Should recognize midi start/stop and lock to tempo (bar.beat) of external midi sequencers or DAWs.

- Bigger LED with waveform editing and bar.beat display.

- 'Pre-roll' for sampling. (How it would work: Hit the 'sample' button prior to beggining of loop - recording begins on first beat. Somewhat likened to 'Global Quantization' in Ableton Live.)

Last but not least, and in my mind the most lustworthy item..... (drum roll please.....)

- "On-Deck Sample Pool" Dedicate a chunk of memory (expandable?) to allow for swapping in/out of samples from a predetermined "pool" (loaded into RAM at startup or via a 'load' command) into and out of the 4 (or 8!) sample slot/pads. As you can imagine, this could be quite powerful!

Icing on the cake (extra wishes!):

- 2 X/Y Pads (2 Kaoss minis) and 2 pair of stereo balanced ins and outs. Each sample slot/pad is then assignable to either X/Y control and either stereo out.
purplesucker

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Well

That`s funny
Kendall

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only want one thing: the ability to recall user saved presets which include pad position, hold status, and effects depth.
Randy|Kaoss

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kendall wrote:
I only want one thing: the ability to recall user saved presets which include pad position, hold status, and effects depth.

You can do that on the KP3.
defex

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kendall wrote:

just save while you have a hold and it will remember.
Diametro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MUCH longer "pad motion" memory and more of them ... more MIDI ccs ... really, as many as you want ...

bigger LCD (not ridiculous, though ... although I'm sure the touchpad will eventually become the display itself) ... more inputs, outputs (1/4 model maybe), more simultaneous efecfts ... but then you're talking $$$

but I have to say ... I love my KP3s already and think they're pretty great (had a KP2 before the second KP3 but didn't really appreciate the differences ... )
beachowl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: how long till KP4? Reply with quote

Is it possible for keen Korg-watchers to predict when KP4 might happen? Is there a pattern, following KP's 1, 2, 3?

Is is something you're expecting within, say, 12 months?
Kendall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy|Kaoss wrote:
Kendall wrote:

You can do that on the KP3.

Via Midi? My apologies for being vague in the above post. The Program Memory buttons are certainly capable of this, but having to manually set every parameter via CC# commands to load pseudo-presets using Midi is quite a daunting task. If it's possible to recall user saved presets with a program change, or by any simple method, please let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: