Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stereo Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIA

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Stereo Problems Reply with quote

Can't get my right input to work properly. got my computer hooked up to monitors and everything from the computer comes out stereo just fine. but when i'm in pro tools recording with the triton it comes out with 100% in the left and about 15% in the right side. when i put on my headphones coming from the triton it does the same thing with the left at 100% and the right barely audible. i'm gonna open her up tonight and see what's going on...what should i be looking for? and are there any first step procedures to follow when opening her up so that she doesn't die on me forever?

thanks
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Stereo Problems Reply with quote

MIA wrote:
Can't get my right input to work properly. got my computer hooked up to monitors and everything from the computer comes out stereo just fine. but when i'm in pro tools recording with the triton it comes out with 100% in the left and about 15% in the right side. when i put on my headphones coming from the triton it does the same thing with the left at 100% and the right barely audible. i'm gonna open her up tonight and see what's going on...what should i be looking for? and are there any first step procedures to follow when opening her up so that she doesn't die on me forever?

thanks

is this a streoe patch? may be your midi channel is panned that way, in case if you're trying to record the out put of it?
JCROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Stereo Problems Reply with quote

MIA wrote:

thanks

About opening her up..
See this topic.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35526
Because of this, I unscrewed my Triton yesterday...you definitely do NOT want to go there just for see what problem there MIGHT be.

First Question:
Do you record in Pro Tool live or from your sequencer )i.e. do you play or press start on your triton to record in protools.

rest will follow
Greetz,
J.
MIA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is panned and set normally.

As far as pro tools goes, i do both. sometimes i sequence then press start/stop, sometimes i record live. regardless, even the headphones don't register stereo without pro tools being open. again, the studio monitors work fine through the computer but not through the keyboard....i hope i'm making sense. thanks for the article.
JCROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the computerpart in your questions is actually irrelevant Wink
Your problem is that your output misses something..I actually had this problem long time ago...
Is your sound normal when just playing without using inputs (i.e. just playing with just your headphones?)

Did you put your inputs in global settinga AND in sequencer on "stereo" ?
MIA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like i said in the first post: even through headphones alone there is only about 15% coming out of the right side.
JCROY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can think of just 2 things:
either your headphones are broken (which, off course, you've tested) or your headphone jack on the triton is broken...which is a problem..
RVNOak
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or, as some of the cheaper connections have been diagnosed with:

Not all 1/4" connections are exactly 1/4". Monster cables, for instance like to make the connectors slight larger (like 0.010 in diameter larger) to ensure a solid connection while some companies accidentally have one or two connectors that are too small (quite by accident).

I will never buy monster cables as I feel they will stretch out my connection points and render interoperability between other manufacturers very hard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: