Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KP3 to Control Notes

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you had problems with usb and librarian software?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

chop_juice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: KP3 to Control Notes Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know (and could please explain) how we would go about setting up the kp3 touchscreen (xy) to control external synths be it software or hardware?

What im getting at here is using the KP3's librarian to change ext ctrl functions that essentially would enable the KP3 to control midi instruments via midi messages sent from the KP3's touchscreen.

I.e. like controlling the KP3's onboard synths in that they control a tones pitch etc? except using the KP3 in the same concept to control external synths

Any Ideas or thoughts experimentations appreciated, or in fact just confirmation that it cant be done.

I've been able to make the x/y axis control simple stuff like resonace/cutoff etc....just havent found the answer to that holy grail...

Obviously as many are aware such power to control noise opens up a whole new potential beyond that of the limitations of a keyboard....

Looked deep on this forum but found o answer and experimentation hasnt confirmed either....next stop after this is korg themselves...if it cant be done, Korg, will be great for the next release of the KP

Cheers

Geoff
salamanderanagram

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, this has been my question exactly for the last few days, and I finally gave up and started working on my own. I don't know jack about MIDI so it's been slow going but I have a very basic implementation of controlling synths in ableton/reason as though the KP3 were a kaossilator.

here's a link with what i have so far, I'm going to be expanding it vastly, but this is a simple to demo to get started with.

http://circuitbent.wikispaces.com/Kaossilator

have fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: