Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MicroKORG, MIDI and Ableton Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dano3000

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: MicroKORG, MIDI and Ableton Problem Reply with quote

I recently bought the MicroKORG and I am really enjoying it. I also Have Ableton Live 7, and I am trying to send the sounds I create on the synth directly into the software for recording. As for MIDI control, it works fine. Live can detect MIDI signals and everything, but I can't seem to send the synth sound directly to Live. I think it might be my MIDI interface, it's and E-MU Xmidi 2x2 if that info is any help. Any knowledge about this would be appreciated.
klangsulfat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to connect the Microkorg's audio output to the audio input of your computer. Insert the External Instrument plug-in, select the right MIDI and audio ports and you can use Microkorg like an software instrument.
dano3000

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, I've got it, my connections were a little off... thanks for the advice. I now have the external instrument working, but I want to have one track one sound, and another track a different sound. I have two external instrument tracks in the clip view, but they both play the same sound. Do you know how to set up the midi channel configurations so they playback different sounds? I think that might be my problem, I can't seem to figure it out. Much obliged.
klangsulfat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dano3000 wrote:
Ahh, I've got it, my connections were a little off... thanks for the advice. I now have the external instrument working, but I want to have one track one sound, and another track a different sound. I have two external instrument tracks in the clip view, but they both play the same sound. Do you know how to set up the midi channel configurations so they playback different sounds? I think that might be my problem, I can't seem to figure it out. Much obliged.

Freeze your tracks! I like it to construct complete songs using only one Microkorg and Ableton Live. Wink
dano3000

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, I see. Thanks for the help. Ableton really is a great program, I just need some practice. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: