Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaoss at The Glade
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry BostonGreen but "19" is right on this. However there is a balanced way to handle this.

You can easily do yourself and this a forum a bit of a favor by explaining (in detail) how you hooked everything up as well as all that you did; almost like a tutorial. Then you can get away with showing off what you did and at the same time help out others who maybe interested in learning how to do the same. Wink

Most of all the topics in this forum are technical based and are for users to learn more about the gear they have purchased; in this case the Kaoss pads.

It is understood that you were trying to post something interesting on the forums but that's like me trying to do the same by posting "I had a killer performance at (blank) club with my new ALL Kaoss Guitar rig which included 2 KP2s and 1 KP3 and then (insert famous guitar shredder) was so impressed with what I did that they jumped up on stage and jammed with me" That's great and all (for the poster) but there's no real info: hooking all of it up, how one uses a set up like that. Then we would want pictures of said event, and then most of all an mp3 or youtube sample of it all.

It's fun when real cool stuff happens to you but in order for everyone else to share in and maybe learn from ones experience you have to provide a lot more to the readers here on a forum like this, instead of being the PR guy for "Dave the Hair" and "Knatty P"....

Now who are YOU again? Laughing
Diametro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world."

How does that equate into keep it "technical" only ... ???

I don't see how ANYTHING's off limits if it's about a KAOSS pad ...

And Geez, how "technical" can somebody get when talking about a KAOSS pad ... ??? They are way more about LIVE PERFORMANCE than "programming" or anything else ...

Sometimes a few sentences are all that's needed to start a good thread ...

If you need more info, ask the original poster some questions ... But why be so pedantic?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diametro wrote:
"The forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world."
How does that equate into keep it "technical" only ... ???

I never said that non-technical subjects would be better left untalked about in the Korg Forums, sir. There is a General Topics Section at the bottom of the forums for non learning related social subjects.
Again...mashing it up does not help anyone learn what (any models) of the Kaoss Pads strengths are.
A hell of a lot of accusations are coming my way from what sadly seems to be the presumption posse and the coincidental? new member, as to what I supposedly 'do not do musically all day' and my so-called YouTube addiction, etc.
Do you think that all the musicians who frequent these forums who are serious about music and who have things on the go (perhaps lucrative) feel the need to come on here and justify their current status and recording/label history, just to satisfy the wrong assumptions of guys who would rather slag off with no real base for their reasoning, because someone like me points a self publicist in a different direction within the SAME FORUMS? Why bother...eh? F*ck it...lets all just big each other up in the wrong sections okay? and then see just how shite the co-ordination of relevant gear info becomes!
I am glad SMK is not kissing my ass, as that is not why I come here but thankfully at least understands the concept of placing certain comments in the correct Korg forum group locations or at least helping others if wanting to interject irrelevant jibba-jabba. I aint hatin' like some, just correcting.
Very Happy Now from this muppet, lets please keep it real for the sake of us all? Very Happy

Last edited by 19 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
BostonGreen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll repeat, with people like SMK and 19, it is no wonder this place is a ghost town, as are many other forums where people try and dictate to others.

Diametro wrote:
Sometimes a few sentences are all that's needed to start a good thread ...

If you need more info, ask the original poster some questions ... But why be so pedantic?

Exactly, its called a discussion.

For those that feel this is off-topic, kcuf off and get a life.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BostonGreen wrote:
I'll repeat, with people like SMK and 19, it is no wonder this place is a ghost town, as are many other forums where people try and dictate to others.

For those that feel this is off-topic, kcuf off and get a life.

This place is far from a ghost town. What are you on about?

I dont see myself as a boss man - hell I dont even know who you really are. I am not in with the mods here and have no desire to be a helper or non helper to the moderators. But as a musician of 20 years or so who has seen multiple once great forums fail through clown tactics I do beleive in this forum being kept worthwhile (maybe it is the older guy in me) and occasionally comments like yours that (in this instance) did not help anyone begin to grate .

So...once a muppet I was and now a DICTATOR?
That is pretty funny...Yeah I got my chemical weapons waiting for anyone who disagrees on the forums Laughing

I did state previously that I can occasionally be blunt with people placing largely social networking info in the Kaoss and not the General Section areas. I'll go one further - even though you have a severe lack of coordination of placing information in forum areas and say sorry I offended you. Stay mad at me if you want but practically telling SMK - who I dont beleive I know - and anyone else where to go just for being accomodating to my views says a lot more about your personality matey.

Last edited by 19 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
BostonGreen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, i'm not mad at you, you're just a muppet.

This thread has turned into a thread of insults because of YOUR input. Next time, just keep your friggin nose out and all will be sweet and dandy.

Sorry, I have no more food for you TROLL.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BostonGreen wrote:

This thread has turned into a thread of insults because of YOUR input.

I think you beat me on the insult count by many Wink but I will take your advice and not respond to any more advice you have to offer.
Prime NL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next to the "interesting" discussion we are having here i cannot understand one thing.

@ 19....why do you have the urge or need to act like a moderator on a forum where you just made you're 33th post.

Do you go around different forums waving you're "sir" around and bringing out the word to save them.
Or do you just have the need to use expensive words against other people to make you're point concerning what you like or dislike on forums you visit...and what kind of way or rules they should follow.

I could expect warning words from a moderator....not from a fellow musician.
So...just leave you're "older" guy within you and let the correct people direct the forums over here.
Diametro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Diametro on Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:47 am; edited 2 times in total
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....now this has become a bit much.

Come one BostonGreen; lets do something cool here and tell us what you did to do the live "Mash-Up" so other musicians can learn something new. I'd like to know what you did, how you hooked stuff up, what effects or looping tricks you did.
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this place is a ghost town because it's a KAOSS pad forum. There isn't much to it, you plug it in and you rub it Rolling Eyes

Even if you hook it up into a complex midi rig, it's still a kaoss pad and all you do it touch it.

http://myspace.com/audioruso
popcorn
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys, come on....

The magic at Korgforums aka Irishacts always was that we behave ourselves not only as pure scientists, musicians or tecnichal people. We are mixing our posts with everything connecting to our musical and everyday life even in specific posts. We created here in IA or Korgforums countless beautiful friendships.
You never now which aspect will be useful...BostonGreens story was useful for me showing his courage to go on stage totally unprepared.Hey, people from Britain- some of your totally unprepared bands and composers in 60'- 70's create the Greatest Pace in modern music history!!!

Here you are at "unique" teritory, so Cheers all you good people 19, SMK and BostnGreen!!!

Donny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: