Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KP3...want to but but some queries first please?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: KP3...want to but but some queries first please? Reply with quote

I got my MiniKP today. So very happy to have married it to my Kaossilator. My wife and 2yr old are even having a great time doing some lush electro/efx loops into a recorder which will become part of a new family project Smile

So, my little bro was going to buy us both brand new shiny KP3's but today, then I realised I still had some queries to get answered, perhaps someone up on the KP3 can do me the honour:

1/ Roughly how many sets of 4 tracks of sampled loops does the maximum size of memory card store and is it quick/easy to load them mid-song?

2/ Is there a maximum sample length? (80bpm/64bars?)
Would it be plausible to synchronise the clock to a live drummer who changes tempo a lot (beat detection?) then somehow also allow the clock to occasionally sync with another external MIDI device (via a merge)?

3/ I also want to know from other KP3 users what bugs are still unfixed by the new v2 SW update? Are the niggling MIDI sync time errors still a problem?
Zedius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I can't remember, but it takes almost a minute to load. No kidding. You are not going to want to load them mid song.

2. It's basically 13 seconds at about 70 bpm. I'm not sure about the merge. The auto bpm is alright.

3. I haven't noticed bugs, but maybe someone else has.
travisthered

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zedius wrote:
1. I can't remember, but it takes almost a minute to load. No kidding. You are not going to want to load them mid song.

This is true, it is especially annoying when changing all four banks.

I recently owned a KP3 for about 24 hours and was disappointed with its sampling, i should have listened to what EVERYONE was saying. It is great for effects and live DJing, not so great for sampling with electronic music,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: