Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microKORG MIDI incompatibility?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjlotus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: microKORG MIDI incompatibility? Reply with quote

Hi there, My name is Jon, i'm new here... I've bought a microKORG last week and discovered this forums, which is great to me right now since I got stucked with this little problem:

I've connected the mK to my PC through a MIDI cable (joystick port DB-15) and there seems to be no connection... I mean, I've checked the out/in settings, and everything is ok, but nothing happens (reason/ableton live/FL studio) and the sound editor says that cannot detect the device.
The only thing i noticed is that when i play a midi file on winamp for example, it sounds using mK sounds, so there's a outcoming signal...

I thought it could be a problem of the mK, so I did some tests with another sound card (a really old one), and another controller (a casio privia my gf has). By the way, the sound card i got here is a basic one, with sound blaster vibra128 drivers, kinda shitty since i just wanted the joystick port.

the results:

mK => midi cable => my sound card/PIV 2.8 => DOESN'T WORK
mK => midi cable => sound blaster awe64/PIII (a really old one) => WORKS
privia => midi cable => my sound card/PIV 2.8 => WORKS
privia => midi cable => sound blaster awe64/PIII => WORKS

so the only combination that doesn't work is the 1st one Shocked

has anyone experienced this or similar with microKORG??? or maybe know about this kind of "incompatibility"?

i've searched through the forum and couldn't find anything related.
so, if anyone has any idea, thanks in advance!

PS:I hope this is the right place to post this, and sorry about my english. Razz

cheers
Jon
flickr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: