Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording Loops In Time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
benjiboko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Recording Loops In Time Reply with quote

Hi. I cant get my head around how to record loops in time. If i want to record a beatbox loop and i dont know the tempo is there any way i can turn off the tempo inside and just use the tempo in my head? If not do i have to tap tempo? This is wierd as all i have as a guide for the tempo is the flashing BPM button. Can i receive a click in my earphones?

If anyone could offer any advice id really appreicate it.

Thanks, Benji
decrepitude

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to do this is discussed in the manual. It's not the greatest read, but obviously you have not even touched it.

No, there's no click.

Got a tempo in your head? Now tap it out on the tap tempo button. Hit "sampling" and you now have the 4 slots flashing. As soon as you hit one, this will be the start (or downbeat) of your loops. This first loop will essentially be your guide for the remaining samples you record. But you can align the downbeat with other material (even live musicians) by hitting shift-align.

If you had done a little searching of this forum first, you would've found that this has already been discussed. Did you notice there is a sticky thread called "Tips and Tricks Thread"? Try reading that first.
MisterRider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude - that's a pretty hardcore response to an excellent question - and I'd be very curious to know on what page the manual addresses "recording to a click you can't hear..." - and in the Tiips sticky (no mention of this user's problem either).

I think the user's question is legitimate, because if you're not using an ouside sound source as a reference (click, sequence, beat, vinyl, etc) - you have no reference other that the flashing tempo light - inadequate for performing an accurate loop.

Check out how this guy does it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39n4wow8fWE

I believe his trick is he records something-anything - as a looop - but just for one beat. This lays the base for what will be your reference - ie - a beat/click that is exactly one beat long (or maybe 2) - then he uses the other sample banks to record in time over top - with longer loop lengths.

Brilliant!

T
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: