Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How does he do this with the microkorg?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
korg_n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: How does he do this with the microkorg? Reply with quote

Hey guys i'm really new to this forum. i'm not a total newbie with this stuff but i just need a little help/guidance.

okay i'm just wondering how this synth player got the effect he uses in this video. http://www.vimeo.com/914057 at 2:25 you can clearly tell that he is using the setting b86. That's a vocoder setting and won't work unless the microphone is plugged in and you can also see that nothing is plugged into his microkorg except the power adapter and the output. did he make that setting and save it to to b86? can anyone tell me how he did that?

he's in a band called attack attack www.myspace.com/attackattack and i can tell that he uses alot of default patches in their songs and it would make sense if he saved on it on b86 but that one effect is really bugging me out. how'd he get the microkorg to do that? and any idea on what i'd have to do to get the exact/almost the same effect? any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
X-Trade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There doesn't seem to be anything special there. Its possible if he doesn't use the vocoder then maybe he just wrote his favourite or most commonly used patches to the vocoder bank. The vocoder(Cool bank doesn't specifically HAVE to have vocoder sounds in it, any of your patches could be a vocoder patch or a synth patch, there's a switch for it in one of the first parameter pages as to whether your patch is a vocoder or synth.

its a bit like a trance detune sawtooth lead, in mono, with quite a fair amount of portomento (glide) probably around 12-20 range.
in fact its probably in unison mode rather than mono (which is where all four voices are stacked and detuned in a mono fashion to create a really big sound. good for lead or bass.
But i'm sure that that could be a preset. I don't have my micro any more but it certainly sounds familiar.
Ramaq

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUDE I LOVE ATTACK ATTACK!!!! But im a n00b at microkorg so i cantreally help you here
korg_n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
There doesn't seem to be anything special there. Its possible if he doesn't use the vocoder then maybe he just wrote his favourite or most commonly used patches to the vocoder bank. The vocoder(Cool bank doesn't specifically HAVE to have vocoder sounds in it, any of your patches could be a vocoder patch or a synth patch, there's a switch for it in one of the first parameter pages as to whether your patch is a vocoder or synth.

its a bit like a trance detune sawtooth lead, in mono, with quite a fair amount of portomento (glide) probably around 12-20 range.
in fact its probably in unison mode rather than mono (which is where all four voices are stacked and detuned in a mono fashion to create a really big sound. good for lead or bass.
But i'm sure that that could be a preset. I don't have my micro any more but it certainly sounds familiar.

thank you! alrite now i have a newer question... how do you write a patch to the vocoder bank? and i sort of found a preset that sounds like it. if you take b26 and turn the voice from layered to single it sounds kind of like it but not exactly. so could you please explain how to do that second paragraph? i'm sorry but once again your help is greatly appreciated!!! thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: