Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestation with Cubase 4 key focus issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gravehill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Wavestation with Cubase 4 key focus issue Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm very satisfied with my purchase of Legacy Collection Digital Edition. The only gripe I have is that I can't seem to find a way to disable the key focus on Wavestation. When using the default Cubase key command for Stop (number pad 0), Wavestation seems to think it got a note on message and I have to press multiple keys to fill out the polyphony in order to make the racket stop.

Is there a way around this?

On a related note, since my keyboard doesn't transmit Aftertouch messages, is there a way to globally change the default Aftertouch to some other CC?

PS: I would LOVE the ability to give names for the user scales!
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would Cubase send note on messages when you hit stop? Sounds like an issue with Cubase to me...

> On a related note, since my keyboard doesn't transmit
> Aftertouch messages, is there a way to globally change
> the default Aftertouch to some other CC?

Most DAW's have a way to convert and manipulate MIDI data. I don't use Cubase, but this is trvial in Logic. In any case, it's another Cubase question...
gravehill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's a Cubase issue since no other VST behaves like that. Rather, Wavestation interprets the key 0 being pressed as a command to itself.

There is a way to globally prevent any VSTs from getting any keycommands but I don't want to do that if I can avoid it since that would affect my usage of other instruments. M1 has the option to disable keycommands on the global page but Wavestation doesn't seem to have it.
gravehill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to report that Cubase 4.5.1 update seemed to solve the problem. Now at last I can actually use Wavestation, yay!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: