Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Line Audio In2 trouble...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeCheck6

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Line Audio In2 trouble... Reply with quote

Hello All,

Im new to the forums so hello to all.

I had my microkorg for 4 months and never really used it til about 2 weeks ago.

I read the microkorg can process sounds through its inputs.
But I can't figure how to get the unit to do that.

I want to process some drums I have programmed on a sampler to give them a nice bassline.

I tried setting edit select1 to OSC1 like the manual says and edit select 2 on setting EQ and Appeg.A, Line is selected on the back as it should with the volume also turned up on the back. And finally the Program select knob is on vocoder.

My problem I still can't hear any audio coming through.

Can anyone suggest anything. Im out of idea's.

Thanks
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
Processing the sound of drums will not give you a bassline. you have to play the bassline on the keyboard.

you can use your Microkorg to process audio to add effects such as filters, distortion, delay, chorus, flange, EQ and etc.

if you set edit select knob 1 to OSC1 then the 5 knobs will change the parameters appearing on the table across from OSC1.
Changing edit select knob 2 will change the 5 knobs to edit the parameters set next to whatever you have that set to (you don't exactly use both at once).
its really just a complicated menu system.
if you press the button for the current program that will take you back to 'performance mode' to the 5 standard knob settings of cut, res, envelope etc.

now, if you go to osc1, you can set the type to audio in, you will see in the manual details on how to select the balance between input1, input two, and other parameters there.
Normally you will want to set the arpeggiator to triggered latch mode too so that you hit a key and it will stay on, as audio will only come in whilst you are playing the keys otherwise.

now you can use the effects section (the mod and delay parts). as well as the amp's distortion section, the filter, and LFOs for modulation. even the ring modulation from OSC2.

if you want to process in stereo, you should set it to two-timbre mode, and have one feeding input from input1, and the other timbre set to input2, then pan one left and one right. you will also have to do all your filter and distortion (but not EQ or FX) settings twice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: