Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Recorder for Sampling?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Good Recorder for Sampling? Reply with quote

Hey guys,
Just wondering, cause I'm headed to South America, I wanna get some kind of external recorder thats portable and hopefully really small that I could take with me. So when I find some tribe that has some awesome vocals I can grab em and stick em in my O when I get back! its gotta be small cause I'm going in a van but also pretty high quality so its sounds good on the Oasys.
Thanks

pura vida
el che
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should also get one that can record your screams as the tribe kills and eats you for stealing their souls. It will become the audio book version of The Blair Witch Project.
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmlguy wrote:
You should also get one that can record your screams as the tribe kills and eats you for stealing their souls. It will become the audio book version of The Blair Witch Project.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

*nightmares for a week*'

wow that horrific! thanks for that! Lmao Very Happy. But how will anyone recieve it to sell it, if i'm dead? know any that will automatically send themselves in an email?

pura vida
el che
Grapite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimate Dj,
To answer your question, I use a Edirol R-09, mp3 or wave recording with unbelievable sound quality. They have a new model out that goes to 96k, but I really haven't found a need for that.
Regards
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are tribes in South America that have had no contact with the outside world, partly because they prefer to kill visitors. No joke. Most tribes within convenient access to tourists will be friendly, but I presume that you'll have a guide familiar with the area, right?

You might rent the movies "Men with Guns" and the "End of the Spear", if you want to scare your ass off.
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmlguy wrote:
There are tribes in South America that have had no contact with the outside world, partly because they prefer to kill visitors. No joke. Most tribes within convenient access to tourists will be friendly, but I presume that you'll have a guide familiar with the area, right?

You might rent the movies "Men with Guns" and the "End of the Spear", if you want to scare your ass off.

I was just kidding dude. Yeah I'm sure their are some vicious tribes out there waiting to eat my heart. No, I am so not going to take some dumb guide that doesn't do what I want to do!
I have been to 40 countries have never needed/wanted a guide. I went to one of the most dangerous cities in the world, Bogota Colombia this last summer, along with Venezuela with no guide.
I did almost get robbed by three dudes but it was no biggie. Venezuela was extremely dangerous!! evrything closed so early cause of crime.....
Okay I'm boasting to much.. Embarassed Embarassed sorry.! Very Happy

but my point was, I don't need a guide and I'm not even remotely scared.
I would count it the greatest blessing if I could meet one of those tribes that have never seen people! Very Happy

thanks, Grapite! I'll definetly check it out. Its sounds like thats what I'm looking for!

anybody else?

pura vida
el che
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i grew up on an indian reservation in southern brasil, where they are somewhat 'civilized' if i can say it like that. However, if you want to scare your pants off I recommend Cannibal Holocaust. I saw that one over Halloween and I'm still trying to shake the images. It was the most disgusting movie I've ever seen and most of it's real. I do like your idea of sampling local sounds though, and that's giving me the idea that I should start doing my own sound samples as I find for my style I need a lot of unusual sound effects and vocalizing that I could chop up and layer in my synth pop songs.
album cover
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

georgeinar wrote:
well, i grew up on an indian reservation in southern brasil, where they are somewhat 'civilized' if i can say it like that. However, if you want to scare your pants off I recommend Cannibal Holocaust. I saw that one over Halloween and I'm still trying to shake the images. It was the most disgusting movie I've ever seen and most of it's real. I do like your idea of sampling local sounds though, and that's giving me the idea that I should start doing my own sound samples as I find for my style I need a lot of unusual sound effects and vocalizing that I could chop up and layer in my synth pop songs.
\\\

thanks...but i'm good! I don't care much for "the most disgusting movie ever"! Very Happy Very Happy lol. U grew up in Brazil? how cool! are you brazilian or did you just move there?
Definetly you should! There are so many sounds you can sample its incredible!
And if you do ....I need some royalties from the money you make! Cause i gave you the idea!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

prua vida
el che
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not Brazilian but my sister is as she was born while we were living there, and my brother is married to a Brazilian woman. We were missionaries until 1972 when we came back to the old usa.
album cover
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

georgeinar wrote:
I'm not Brazilian but my sister is as she was born while we were living there, and my brother is married to a Brazilian woman. We were missionaries until 1972 when we came back to the old usa.

Very cool!!! Very Happy
Hey a quick question you might be able to answer quickly.
As an American will I need a Visa to enter the country? If so, must I do it in advanced?
I'd really really appreciate it! Very Happy

thanx mucho

pura vida
el che
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you do and it's 100 dollars. You need your passport stamped at the Brazilian consulate here in the states before you go. And there's a short waiting period like 10 days or so.
album cover
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

georgeinar wrote:
Yes, you do and it's 100 dollars. You need your passport stamped at the Brazilian consulate here in the states before you go. And there's a short waiting period like 10 days or so.

okay, thats like great to know. But let me get it straight (if you don't mind),
Here in the states I must take my family and go to the Brazilian Consulate and pay 100 dollars each, then they stamp my passport and I have to wait 10 days before I can enter Brazil?
Does it matter at all if I'm going to fly to Colombia, then drive around the west coast then hit Brazil? Is there like a time limit?
I guess i can just call the Consulate. Very Happy

but thanks a ton

pura vida
el che
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: